Tubes

Skymac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
Which brand tubes do you love and why? I have exclusively used Aero Classic Leak Guards on my fleet but more recently it seems after a couple of months of use they develop small, almost undetectable pinholes that cause a tire to go down over night randomly.

It’s not due to under inflation issues, or lack of tire talc.

Was curious about Goodyear, Michelin, etc?

I’d like for a tube to last the life of a tire.

I'm using these on my experimental. Last set was a few years ago (2019) and they have held up well. I still check/add air about once a month.

I did see reviews that sounded much like your concern. One reviewer said Spruce replaced the one that leaked (pinholes) leading me to think that maybe they had a bad batch of tubes ...

I too use leakguard.. found that I have had to replace my nose wheel tube every 12 months for the past 3 years... same issue as you describe... I just changed mine out yesterday. I will probably look into another brand if this happens again within the year. I also noticed that last year I paid $76 for the tube, this year $108. not a huge deal but still enough that I complain about it.

Just changed my nosewheel tube today. It was an Aero Classic installed with a new tire in Oct. 2022, and it developed a pinhole for no obvious reason. Mechanic had a Michelin on hand, so that's what went in. No idea on their cost, but they're $200 (!) on Spruce. Goodyear is 167, Aero Classic $110. This seems like a ludicrous amount of money for such a tiny little tube. Trying to decide which brand to purchase a spare to keep on hand. "Air Trac" is $112 and made in USA, so I'm thinking that's worth a shot.

Michelin always but with the supply chain delays we had to order 1 Aero Classic Leak Guard - as the OP mentioned - it leaked from day 1 and AC spruce refunded it

Never again.

Back