TTx down at West Houston

I did my night landing practice here when I was a student, nice quiet airport. Not tricky at all and plenty of length. Wonder what happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West Houston can get pretty busy at times. I fly in there somewhat frequently because my wife's family lives near there. It is a nice airport with good facilities.

None of that has much bearing on the subject accident, of course. Looks like the pilot hopped out (and good because it also looks like there is a lot of fuel on the ground).

Story is 2.5 hours old and they still don't know if there were any injuries? Not "following this developing story" very closely - which means the pilot must be OK. :cynical face:

N452CS, 2014 Cessna T240

001063531.jpg

Believe that is a rental from their stable

I did my night landing practice here when I was a student, nice quiet airport. Not tricky at all and plenty of length. Wonder what happened.

I heard it was engine failure. At night I just hate the trees short of 15... they just give me the willies so I shoot it steep.

Story is 2.5 hours old and they still don't know if there were any injuries? Not "following this developing story" very closely - which means the pilot must be OK. :cynical face:

Fortunately I already heard everybody is ok.

Yep, they're all leasebacks. That one hadn't been around very long, either. Well short of a year.

I heard it was engine failure. At night I just hate the trees short of 15... they just give me the willies so I shoot it steep.

You're talking about those two trees on the golf course, right? I'm thinking we should take up golf and take a little tree poison with us in the golf cart....:D

Those trees are kinda creepy, and the reason the 15 approach has a NOTAM raising the minimums by 80ft during the daylight hours, and making the approach not allowed at night.

Pretty sure there is a big bounty for the "accidental" removal of said trees. They are becoming a hazard and will eventually lead to a displaced threshold which that airport can not really afford

You're talking about those two trees on the golf course, right? I'm thinking we should take up golf and take a little tree poison with us in the golf cart....:D

Those trees are kinda creepy, and the reason the 15 approach has a NOTAM raising the minimums by 80ft during the daylight hours, and making the approach not allowed at night.

Pretty sure there is a big bounty for the "accidental" removal of said trees. They are becoming a hazard and will eventually lead to a displaced threshold which that airport can not really afford

Also why we no longer have an LPV from what I understand... I'm betting the golf course is giving them an extra helping of miracle grow to keep us from bugging their golfers in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A gallon of Round Up hidden in a golf bag is a "wonderful" thing...;););)

Spike is a ground killer and will leave evidence someone did something. It will also migrate with rain and kill other things downhill.

Get a small spray bottle with Pathfinder II and basal treat (spray around the trunk) and say bye bye tree. It's colorless, odorless, and leaves no trace.

I used to work for a utility company and that's how we roll. You got a tree causing problems and you won't let us cut it? No problem. Next year you'll be wondering WTF happened why did the tree just up and die?

Spike is a ground killer and will leave evidence someone did something. It will also migrate with rain and kill other things downhill.

Get a small spray bottle with Pathfinder II and basal treat (spray around the trunk) and say bye bye tree. It's colorless, odorless, and leaves no trace.

I used to work for a utility company and that's how we roll. You got a tree causing problems and you won't let us cut it? No problem. Next year you'll be wondering WTF happened why did the tree just up and die?
Man, so much makes sense now.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Back