TSA thinks nipple rings could be a weapon...

I think the TSA was moronic and over the top here.

I also think that nipple rings are moronic, thus they equal out! :D
While such items on a woman have no appeal to me, she's certainly entitled to dress as she wishes and there is no one who will convince me this action by the TSA was necessary.

It was a threat to her own personal safety as well as humiliating. As has been said, what are they going to do when they encounter someone with metal orthopedic components permanently implanted? Will they demand those be removed?

I recently met a kid who is working on his private ticket while also working as a school dispatcher. His dreams of flying for the military were shattered when an injury caused him to have a four-inch piece of titanium inserted with eight screws just below his elbow. I asked him about airport security and he said so far it hasn't been a problem. They simply wand his bare arm. Somehow, I don't expect that luck to continue.

The TSA went over the top and they should pay for it. I'm not big on tort claims but it seems such is the only way to some things out into the open for more public scrutiny.

"To professionalize, we must Federalize!" --Tom Daschle

:rolleyes:

I believe its incidents like this that will end TSA. Can they be sued?

Since they are government, it would have to be shown they conducted themselves with gross and willful negligence. Just being stupid dumb asses isn't sufficient for a judge to allow a suit.

As far as the end of TSA... can you recall any other government agency that has been terminated? I sure can't.

Since they are government, it would have to be shown they conducted themselves with gross and willful negligence. Just being stupid dumb asses isn't sufficient for a judge to allow a suit.

As far as the end of TSA... can you recall any other government agency that has been terminated? I sure can't.

The WPA, but we may be needing that again at the current rate of economic turmoil.

The government will claim the threat is classified, and ask that any such suit be dismissed.

Metal detector activating, "non-removable" rings and such can be used as visible decoys to effectively distract from ingested or inserted metal vials, electronics, etc. The pat-down for the overlying rings being non-detective of internal devices.

Metal detector activating, "non-removable" rings and such can be used as visible decoys to effectively distract from ingested or inserted metal vials, electronics, etc. The pat-down for the overlying rings being non-detective of internal devices.
You're kidding right? Some things just can't be completely secured and attempting to secure them intrudes on our rights. They will keep adding ridiculous security measures until they damage the industry so much that they are forced to step back.

Last edited:
Yea! A pat down search could have missed the fact she had C-4 impregnated in her breasts; nipple ring could have been the arming devise. Gives new meaning to the term--blow up girl <g>

Best,

Dave

Yea! A pat down search could have missed the fact she had C-4 impregnated in her breasts; nipple ring could have been the arming devise. Gives new meaning to the term--blow up girl <g>

Best,

Dave

lmfao

Best,

Dave
If the TSA employees had any common sense, they'd have a firm grasp of the situation.

I've come across people *cough* cow-orkers occasionally that I wonder how are able to find the work location every work day.

mike, i thought you worked at home? ;)

This is yet another thing that gets added to the list of over-the-top things that the TSA gets away with in the name of "security". Just like when my girlfriend's (at the time) 10-year-old brother got pulled aside for additional screening and was scared. Her mother put her hand on his arm to comfort him and the TSA agent yelled at her not to touch him.

The whole TSA is a ridiculous waste of money who's only redeeming value is that it lowers the unemployment rate.

The whole TSA is a ridiculous waste of money who's only redeeming value is that it lowers the unemployment rate.

Yeah, but its cost to productivity probably cancels that out.:(

I've never minded taking an unpopular stance, so here goes.

What the hell was she thinking? Gee, I'm going to the airport where I know they make people take their change and keys out of their pockets, belts off most of the time...but I'll go ahead and wear my nipple rings because I'm sure the TSA won't screen ME for metal objects.

And then I'll cry in front of everyone because they are picking on me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like taking my change and keys out, my belt off, my shoes off, etc. But I know that's part of flying commercially. It's not the TSA agents that are wrong here, it's the childish girl.
Sorry but i feel you are wrong There is no reason to treat any person this way imagine it was your wife or girlfriend they did this too I have found most of these Tsa agents rude and abusive just ask for a place to sit down to remove your shoes . whats next ??

Back