TSA thinks nipple rings could be a weapon...

What ya expect, they were only flipping burgers a couple of years back!

Why is it better now that we have them instead of the min. wage people we had pre-9/11?

What ya expect, they were only flipping burgers a couple of years back!

Why is it better now that we have them instead of the min. wage people we had pre-9/11?
You don't get that warm fuzzy feeling of protection now that TSA is on the job?

I'm shocked!

That's nuttin.

There has been so much stupid, coming so fast, we forget the last ones. Sorta like another aspect of the guvmint.

How about the professor "cyber" guy who had wires for electronic sensors embedded in his skin? They yanked the wires out in spite of his protests.

"Our security officers are well-trained to screen individuals with body piercings in sensitive areas with dignity and respect while ensuring a high level of security," the agency said in a statement.
Yeah, right. That's why she was crying... all that respect shown. :rolleyes:

"I'd be really curious to know what this woman had in her nipples," he said.

-TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird in Salt Lake City

"I'd be really curious to know what this woman had in her nipples," he said.

-TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird in Salt Lake City
Did I mention somewhere only minimum intelligence is required?

Obviously, this calls for a hands-on inspection by the higher-ups! :yes:

I saw that story. Pretty lame on the part of the TSA.

I will say however .. that for the airports I go thru I've found them
to be far more courteous and professional than the arrogant, power
hungry burger flipper rejects that did it before.

I'm not sure I ever want to fly commercially agian.

I'm not touching that.... :cheerswine: ;)

Folks, remember that the folks who make the rules are generally civil service employees who get the top folks to sign-off. And frequently the folks in civil service are folks who want to prevent risk (they're there because they don't want to take the risk of having a corporate job) - as opposed to "managing risk", which is what being in business is all about. Avoiding risk means no accountability. It's also about power - and power over the people.

The perfect example of the higher-up spouting off was when the infamous recommendation about "duct tape and plastic" came out.

Chip's right.....

Did I mention somewhere only minimum intelligence is required?

I've come across people *cough* cow-orkers occasionally that I wonder how are able to find the work location every work day.

I saw that story. Pretty lame on the part of the TSA.

I will say however .. that for the airports I go thru I've found them
to be far more courteous and professional than the arrogant, power
hungry burger flipper rejects that did it before.

HEH! IT'S THE SAME PEOPLE! In the beginning they arranged it so the only qualified applicants were the "incompetent" ones who were already doing it for a contractor.

Then when they needed more bodies they hired from the great unwashed.

Nipple rings are dangerous. Have you ever got one caught between your teeth?!

Nipple rings are dangerous. Have you ever got one caught between your teeth?!
:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:

:goofy:
ROFL.gif

I've come across people *cough* cow-orkers occasionally that I wonder how are able to find the work location every work day.

I think I'd be more fearful for my personal security if I were to refer to any of my (assumed) female "orkers" as a "cow."

HR(taking security under a desk)

I volunteer Nick to work the TSA line and remove all Nipple Rings! :yes:

In between his visit to jail of course. :D

I wonder if this bodes poorly for me in the future...they can't make me drop trou can they?

I volunteer Nick to work the TSA line and remove all Nipple Rings! :yes:

In between his visit to jail of course. :D

Hey yeah - I like this rule afterall. Send them all to my house for prescreening.

I've never minded taking an unpopular stance, so here goes.

What the hell was she thinking? Gee, I'm going to the airport where I know they make people take their change and keys out of their pockets, belts off most of the time...but I'll go ahead and wear my nipple rings because I'm sure the TSA won't screen ME for metal objects.

And then I'll cry in front of everyone because they are picking on me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like taking my change and keys out, my belt off, my shoes off, etc. But I know that's part of flying commercially. It's not the TSA agents that are wrong here, it's the childish girl.

What the hell was she thinking? Gee, I'm going to the airport where I know they make people take their change and keys out of their pockets, belts off most of the time...but I'll go ahead and wear my nipple rings because I'm sure the TSA won't screen ME for metal objects.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like taking my change and keys out, my belt off, my shoes off, etc. But I know that's part of flying commercially. It's not the TSA agents that are wrong here, it's the childish girl.
As soon as you can show this nipple ring is a threat to safety of flight, I'll agree with you.

Until then, the TSA is an agency full of dumb asses and imbeciles. Actually, that's already the case from the date it was created.

Nipple rings are often permanent pieces of jewelry. Some folks never take them off (or out) and after a while they need to be cut to come out.

We'll have to see what TSA policy is on the subject, but If_I_Were_King, I'd rule that after a female inspector verifies that the piece of jewelry is inert, a passenger would be allowed to board.

I'll point out that the nipple rings didn't set off the walk-through detector. She was directed to a secondary screening for some reason and the hand-held detector alarmed.

Even the TSA said that she should have been offered a pat-down instead of making her remove them.

The TSA is an agency that's out of control, with no accountability.

Evidenlty accoding to the story and some here, they can become perminate. She was willing to show them instead of ripping them out of her very sensitive body part but the TSA wouldn't take that. That makes the TSA overbearing BA$()!&*^S!

I believe she cried not because she was being exposed in fount of everyone but because she had to rip one out with a pair of pliers. I would cry too. (I'm having sympatic pain just thinking about it)

Last edited:
Evidenlty accoding to the story and some here, they can become perminate. She was willing to show them instead of ripping them out of her very sensitive body part but the TSA wouldn't take that. That makes the TSA overbearing BA$()!&*^S!

I believe she cried not because she was being exposed in fount of everyone but because she had to rip one out with a pair of pliers. I would cry too. (I'm having sympatic pain just thinking about it)

Try having them ripped out in a mosh pit. That's some serious pain right there. Ask me how I know :hairraise:

what are they going to do wth the guy with metal plate in his skul. feeble minds gaurding the air ports i feel real safe NOT

what are they going to do wth the guy with metal plate in his skul. feeble minds gaurding the air ports i feel real safe NOT

That's pretty funny. Now that I think about it, when Cecil "The Straight Dope" Adams answered the metal plate question pre-911 he said,

he/she is often equipped with a hand-held scanner, as well as eyes, fingers, and (presumably) a brain, with which he/she should be able to handle unusual and perplexing circumstances such as the one you describe.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_245.html

We all know that "brain" part is no longer true!

We should write to Cecil and tell him the advice needs to be updated.

The issue today is, like with the Macbook Air, we have concept that if it's something basement dwellers like this guy have never seen before, they get to presume it's dangerous until they'll fully entertained.

I would bet that's why things like toothpaste are trouble.

Anything they don't know could be witchcraft!

Last edited:

Hey, I agree with you. I practically had to get undressed the last time thru security. Who doesn't plan for security screening in this day and age. Moreover, she wasn't some "girl" she was like 50 or so -- what is she doing with nipple rings??? :eek:

All sides are to blame here. And someone, please, put a sock in Gloria Allred's mouth!

If it's a cast iron skull, they get offered a job on the spot.

Hey, I agree with you. I practically had to get undressed the last time thru security. Who doesn't plan for security screening in this day and age. Moreover, she wasn't some "girl" she was like 50 or so -- what is she doing with nipple rings??? :eek:

All sides are to blame here. And someone, please, put a sock in Gloria Allred's mouth!
I disagree with all but that regarding Gloria Alred.

Jay Leno did a piece with something similar to that last night. Pretty funny.

This is what the TSA had to say about this specific nipple ring incident
"TSA supports the thoroughness of the officers involved as they were acting to protect the passengers and crews of the flights departing Lubbock that day."
Thank heaven and earth we are no longer under threat of nipple rings!!!

I know I will sleep easier now!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/28/nipple.ring/index.html

I think the TSA was moronic and over the top here.

I also think that nipple rings are moronic, thus they equal out! :D

Back