TSA Seeks GA’s Assistance

"the coming weeks.." is more than just the inauguration...

In addition to their increased vigilance, operators planning to be in the Washington, DC metro area in the coming weeks should expect airspace restrictions

How irrelevant.
The TFR around DC has been there for years, will remain there forever, and other than a more stringent TFR on Jan 20 (pretty much like the SuperBowl, expect there won't be private jets), I don't see any changes relevant to spam cans.

Note that this comes from the NBAA, not AOPA or EAA.

There's nothing T about the FRZ flight rules or the SFRA for that matter. They'll likely lock out GA from the SFRA on Wednesday. They do it regularly for lesser events.

So this must be a reminder for pilots to follow the rules of theSFRA.

There was some charter jet crew that actually noticed some n’er do wells somewhere recently, so now the usual “reminder” messages are flowing.

Plus we all know if anybody’s going to mess with an event these days it’ll likely be by drones and a pile of them.

The full size aircraft thing is old school.

I'd be on board if they needed to do background check on me so they could pay me to orbit in lazy circles with some cameras for whatever number of hours they could use the extra eyes in the sky. I mean, professional aerial photographer and all...

Ok. If I see anyone fitting door guns or loading bombs onto GA airplanes, I’ll call. Is that what they want?

dull tools for dull...

oops

Back