TSA screener admits it's security theatre

um, different Tommy... me thinks.

Yup..... Tommy3 is the suspect in question...;)..

If you have followed him and all his posts since he joined, my impression is he works for the guvmint as a PR person to spin ANY derogatory comments against the Feds into a positive light.... Kinda like someone paid to run around the deck of the Titanic shouting " calm down,,, the boat is NOT sinking":rolleyes::rolleyes2:

um, different Tommy... me thinks.

Yeah, different guy. I personally despise TSA.

Damn you people and your common names! :lol:

Yup..... Tommy3 is the suspect in question...;)..

If you have followed him and all his posts since he joined, my impression is he works for the guvmint as a PR person to spin ANY derogatory comments against the Feds into a positive light.... Kinda like someone paid to run around the deck of the Titanic shouting " calm down,,, the boat is NOT sinking":rolleyes::rolleyes2:

Kevin-Bacon-All-is-well-remain-calm-300x273.jpg

I am not a huge fan of TSA screeners--as most of us on this board, I prefer to fly my own when possible--but this article actually made me feel a bit of compassion for them! The part where he says, "whenever you see some gaffe that made the headlines, it's usually because the screener was forced to comply with some inane rule". As the TSA farce has worn on, my thinking on them has evolved from them being the instigators to them being the victims with the rest of us. But I still fly & drive long distances to avoid them!

Gosh, what a timely thread:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/09/fake-bomb-reportedly-got-past-nj-airport-screeners/

TSA does not catch anybody(sic, not my grammar). An accurate statement.

TSA does not interview, interrogate. A very inaccurate statement. A TSA BDO tried to 'interview' me a few weeks ago, I just excused myself, and went to the bathroom stall until my flight was called(works flawlessly). They try to interrogate people everyday, with limited effect.

The Times Square bomber was discovered by a hot dog vendor on the street of NY. After that, any dork with a badge could have arrested him. Just because he was on a plane, at the gate the CBP got the collar so there was no jurisdictional warrant concerns. Port authority should have done the deed, but the CBP was already there.

Gosh, what a timely thread:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/09/fake-bomb-reportedly-got-past-nj-airport-screeners/

TSA does not catch anybody(sic, not my grammar). An accurate statement.

TSA does not interview, interrogate. A very inaccurate statement. A TSA BDO tried to 'interview' me a few weeks ago, I just excused myself, and went to the bathroom stall until my flight was called(works flawlessly). They try to interrogate people everyday, with limited effect.

I have had the quiz me on several occasions. I give them the least required, like.... I have a flight to catch, are you through yet???

The Times Square bomber was discovered by a hot dog vendor on the street of NY. After that, any dork with a badge could have arrested him. Just because he was on a plane, at the gate the CBP got the collar so there was no jurisdictional warrant concerns. Port authority should have done the deed, but the CBP was already there.

CBP and all other guvmint orgs are masters at getting the glory for their camps.. Makes for bigger budgets..... :yes::mad:

CBP and all other guvmint orgs are masters at getting the glory for their camps.. Makes for bigger budgets..... :yes::mad:

In keeping with this theme, if the TSA had stopped anything more than a nail file, bottle of Gatorade or 32 cal pistol in the purse of a woman flying on business, it would have been shouted from the rafters forever, in any media outlet that would stand still.

I've never seen an agency that has so many broken arms from self-congratulation in my life. The proverbial circle-jerk. :lol:

.......I've never seen an agency that has so many broken arms from self-congratulation in my life. The proverbial circle-jerk. :lol:

And a circle jerk with participants making on average 95,257.00 a year.. with bennies........ it is a great gig......... if you can get it...

Same too, I don't see anything much more text book for the job of the government than to legitimately keep us safe traveling. Lots and lots of good LEOs out there who would kill for a job with pay and benefits like TSA..

And this is what we get
tsa_agent_sleeping.jpg

What a waste

Same too, I don't see anything much more text book for the job of the government than to legitimately keep us safe traveling. Lots and lots of good LEOs out there who would kill for a job with pay and benefits like TSA..

And this is what we get
tsa_agent_sleeping.jpg

What a waste
Hey! She's serving! She's "in uniform"! :mad2:

She doesn't appear to be actively screening, so on a break or off shift. It's shame she chose to nap in public in uniform, but that doesn't bother me much. Now, if we knew she was on shift, and supposedly screening pax, that would be a much bigger problem.

She doesn't appear to be actively screening, so on a break or off shift. It's shame she chose to nap in public in uniform, but that doesn't bother me much. Now, if we knew she was on shift, and supposedly screening pax, that would be a much bigger problem.

True, I picked her picture simply because it shows about the sum total of TSA usefulness.

True, I picked her picture simply because it shows about the sum total of TSA usefulness.

The problem is that we are wasting an enormous amount of resources doing this "security" theater crap.

It's not just lack of usefulness.

The problem is that we are wasting an enormous amount of resources doing this "security" theater crap.

It's not just lack of usefulness.

I think you get it.

TSA is a waste,

Too much power where it doesn't matter, none where it might...

Just like the theatrical prop it is

Back