TSA: Resistance is Futile

The FAA ATC guys that needed airport access to Fort Collins were not allowed to use their FAA credentials that allow access to DIA or Center. You wonder what TSA uses.

I think that would be referred to as, psychotropic drugs.

When I applied for a NJ drivers license, I had to go through the rigorous "6 Point ID Verification." Basically, they have a point system for IDs, among others: 4 for a US Passport, 2 for this or that, INCLUDING A PILOT CERTIFICATE (yeah, sans photo), but only 1 point for a DL issued by another state (Yeah, a photo ID). My wife was steamed that she had to dig out her SocSec card (yeah, sans photo) to score the necessary 6 points.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Following an TSA review of the issue, John Pistole, the agency's administrator, said screeners will now be covered by collective bargaining.

You gonna trust that librul site....oh, wait. :rolleyes2:

Look on the bright side. Maybe they'll go on strike and get fired like PATCO. Then they'll be threat to to the jobs of entrenched burger flippers they should be competing against.

When I applied for a NJ drivers license, I had to go through the rigorous "6 Point ID Verification." Basically, they have a point system for IDs, among others: 4 for a US Passport, 2 for this or that, INCLUDING A PILOT CERTIFICATE (yeah, sans photo), but only 1 point for a DL issued by another state (Yeah, a photo ID). My wife was steamed that she had to dig out her SocSec card (yeah, sans photo) to score the necessary 6 points.

Stupid is as stupid does.
And when I tried to renew a NJ license with a pilot certificate, the genius in the Vineland DMV told me it couldn't be used, even after I showed her the DMV letter and pointed out "FAA issued pilot certificate". I then showed her where the certificate said FAA, etc. After a longish pause, I was going to ask for a supervisor but she let me renew, writing down I showed her an insurance ID card.:dunno:

And when I tried to renew a NJ license with a pilot certificate, the genius in the Vineland DMV told me it couldn't be used, even after I showed her the DMV letter and pointed out "FAA issued pilot certificate". I then showed her where the certificate said FAA, etc. After a longish pause, I was going to ask for a supervisor but she let me renew, writing down I showed her an insurance ID card.:dunno:

Yeah, FAA Insurance. They have all those gecko ads. :rolleyes2:

I had my first "opt out" from the scanner on Wednesday in Cincinnati. I anticipated getting put into that glass "cage" and it becoming a big deal, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. They seemed to take the opt out in stride.

I got the "I will move my hand until I hit resistence" talk. However, the TSA didn't appear on a power trip as I've seen elsewhere, and I got the sense that the agent didn't want to be doing this almost as much as I didn't want him doing this.

But what's with the glass cage thing? I saw someone in one in Milwaukee on Monday. WTF? I think they put you in there until you get felt up, but that seems completely out of line.

The "glass" box is a bomb blast reducing containment chamber. If you blow up before they find the bomb you take out less people than if you were just standing in the open.

I had my first "opt out" from the scanner on Wednesday in Cincinnati. I anticipated getting put into that glass "cage" and it becoming a big deal, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. They seemed to take the opt out in stride.

I got the "I will move my hand until I hit resistence" talk. However, the TSA didn't appear on a power trip as I've seen elsewhere, and I got the sense that the agent didn't want to be doing this almost as much as I didn't want him doing this.

But what's with the glass cage thing? I saw someone in one in Milwaukee on Monday. WTF? I think they put you in there until you get felt up, but that seems completely out of line.
So was it good for you? :D

The "glass" box is a bomb blast reducing containment chamber. If you blow up before they find the bomb you take out less people than if you were just standing in the open.

I was wondering about that too. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not that a terrorist would ever think to blow hisself up in line before even getting to the glass box....

Not that a terrorist would ever think to blow hisself up in line before even getting to the glass box....

Just wondering: Is the door to the "glass" box locked?

Remember when they repeatedly mumble that it's not true that the necked scanners wouldn't stop the undiebomber or the shore bomber?

It turns out they don't even detect actual metal guns - repeatedly.

An undercover TSA agent was able to get through security at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport with a handgun during testing of the enhanced-imaging body scanners, according to a high-ranking, inside source at the Transportation Security Administration.

The source said the undercover agent carried a pistol in her undergarments when she put the body scanners to the test. The officer successfully made it through the airport's body scanners every time she tried, the source said.

But of course. That information is a national security secret:
The TSA did not deny that the tests took place or the what the results were.

The agency would only provide the following statement:

"... For security reasons, we do not publicize or comment on the results of covert tests, however advanced imaging technology is an effective tool to detect both metallic and nonmetallic items hidden on passengers."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-be...gh-DFW-Body-Scanner-With-a-Gun-116497568.html

and for even reading this you're on the no fly list.

41G9WA5NRDL.jpg

Back