TSA requesting comments on changes to foreign student security program

Considering most terrorism in the US is committed by US citizens......

Cite your source. Also define “terrorism”. Because the government and media have stretched that word’s definition to well beyond the pale.

The guy who flew his airplane into the IRS building. The Pulse shooter. The Las Vegas shooter. The Parkland shooter. Do I really need to go on?

The guy who flew his airplane into the IRS building. The Pulse shooter. The Las Vegas shooter. The Parkland shooter. Do I really need to go on?

At least two of those are crimes of opportunity with specific targets, not terrorism. Probably three.

One even stated it was his goal in life to an FBI
Agent interviewing him before he did it.

Actually amazingly ineffective with former military pilots. Ok, you can kill me and have no pilot or you can force me to kill myself plus everyone. Seems like a bummer, but i will not let you win because we all die either way. Let's roll. Besides, everyone knows TSA will never allow a gun through the checpoints.

You completely miss the point, unless local airports force everyone going out to ramp to fly their 172 go thru a TSA checkpoint.

It’s also amazing what someone will do, even with the bravado you displayed , when someone is pointing a gun at your family.. it’s you or them can be very convincing

Have seen it happen.

No, listen to the pundits. When someone is not a white male, it is terrorism. Otherwise, if a white male, it is just your standard mental illness leading to serial/mass murder.

Tim (stated rather cynically)

No, listen to the pundits. When someone is not a white male, it is terrorism. Otherwise, if a white male, it is just your standard mental illness leading to serial/mass murder.

I know you’re serious about the comment, but you touched on a socio-economic point.

In some neighborhoods and places where folks have nothing to lose and a narco economy fills in the gaps where the normal economy fails, that’s where the vast majority of violence and death and shootings and stabbing and all the largest problems occur.

In other words, more people die from shootings in south side Chicago every weekend than die in the suburbs from mass shootings in a year.

Society doesn’t call gang warfare drive-bys “terrorist” activity, and yet it clearly is. We don’t prosecute gang members as domestic terrorists, and yet they are.

I think that’s what you were really getting at, since clearly Kazinsky, the Bundys, the Branch Dividians, and many others were white and labeled “terrorists”.

Even if I missed the mark, you’re definitely on to my question previously posted, “Define terrorism.” In my view, the media will call it “terrorism” if it happens to rich people. They’ll call it “gang violence” if it happens to poor people.

The not-so-subtle difference gives away what Americans think of the value of poor people’s lives, and it’s not necessarily racial. We as a society accept the violence in ghettos on the street, and call it terrorism only when it happens at Mall of America. It’s not racial, a rich minority who lives in the ‘burbs uses the same descriptive words for the same violence.

Back