TSA quality...'nother screener arrested

Trivett, of Butler, Tennessey, told them they should 'conduct themselves more professionally in uniform and not use profanity or the n-word,' according to the New York Post.
One TSA screener told Trivett to 'mind his own business' and swore at him.
TSA was being soooooo professional, yet again:rolleyes2:.
It is a wonder how TSA gets so offended that the public does not trust them when incidents like this one simply ice the cake. And to top it off, the "agents" don't take too kindly to a squaring away by the real professional, who was probably trying to help fix that bad image in his little corner of the terminal.

It is a wonder how TSA gets so offended that the public does not trust them when incidents like this one simply ice the cake. And to top it off, the "agents" don't take too kindly to a squaring away by the real professional, who was probably trying to help fix that bad image in his little corner of the terminal.

Exactly. He was doing the right thing. Pretty foreign for some people.

Wait for TSA to tell us that all proper procedures were followed....

I do have to say...
TSA does have some decent people. I've chatted with agents at EWR a couple times, and at least those two or three were ok; they lacked the required chip on the shoulder though, and complained a bit about how crummy their supervisors are/were. I still believe TSA is a dog and pony show, and a massive waste of effort to be something of the scale they have inflated to...but rotten turds like the coffee tossing jerks here echo the bad name louder than the good folks professionalism can make up for.

I've never had a really "bad" individual experience with any TSA screener, including the one at SAN who thought, for whatever reason, that some electronic paraphernalia in my carry-on was dangerous contraband. He pulled me and the bag aside, searched the bag efficiently and politely, and I was on my way.

The entire TSA operations at JFK and LGA, however, are less-than-wonderful, especially in terms of attitude; but also in terms of a general lack of organization, efficiency, and professionalism. I used to live about 10 minutes away from LGA and about 25 minutes from JFK, but I'd actually save time by driving up to HPN when flying commercially. The TSA circuses at JFK and LGA really are that bad.

-Rich

I guess what amazes me is that foreign flight students must pay for, and have a background check done by the TSA, before they can engage in any type of flight training. I just can not, for the life of me, understand why our government would put that kind of responsibility on an agency that can not do even rudimentary background checks on it's own employees.

It had to be Bush who said they should do it. After all, isn't he the one who freaked out when a Brazilian was killed crossing our border, until someone explained to him Brazilian was not a number?

-John

Last edited:
Back