TSA misses 500 rounds of ammo in man's carry-on

Use a bullet puller? But after the first 10 or so someone might wonder what the banging noise is....

(but don't try that with rimfire rounds....)

Following a careful review of the list of Banned Words, you all have been placed on the watch list and are subject to arrest. This constitutes your only notice.

This is the problem. A government that can fine/arrest/kill without trial or jury is not representing our constitution. Therefore it is not really our government because it does not represent us. It is just the mafia. There are evil people hidng behind the veil of the stars and stripes. [republicans AND
democrats they are all in bed with each other they just use polarizing but effectively unimportant issues like gay rights to scare you from 'wasting' your vote on any 'third' (second) party from gettng in.]

<---<^>--->

They took a pretty nice corkscrew off me. I had though I'd flown with it before but my wife pointed out that I had gone to the American Wine Society conference in the Navion and bypassed security.

Oddly they never intercept my "torch" lighter even though it's not permitted. They were more concerned with the cigar cutter (which is on the PERMITTED list). Hey I'm going to hijack a plane by having the crew stick their finger into this hole so I can cut it off...

They took a pretty nice corkscrew off me. I had though I'd flown with it before but my wife pointed out that I had gone to the American Wine Society conference in the Navion and bypassed security.

Oddly they never intercept my "torch" lighter even though it's not permitted. They were more concerned with the cigar cutter (which is on the PERMITTED list). Hey I'm going to hijack a plane by having the crew stick their finger into this hole so I can cut it off...

You could be held without being formally charged, without any chance of bail, and no trial by jury just for saying that. Land of the freeeee yeah.

<---<^>--->

I agree that it would not be easy but even a relatively small amount of smokeless powder can be used to make a device that could cause harm. If someone can smuggle 500 rounds of .22 then it should not be too difficult to smuggle the components of a small bomb. The truth is that current security measures can be defeated fairly easily, especially if one is willing to risk getting caught.

Defeated easily?

I would think wrapping up something on 10 cents worh of duct tape would set off the TSA's spidey sense, but it seems that it takes almost no effort to get through security with enough ammo to cause a lot of hurt.

Why again do i need to take my shoes off for the TSA?

Its pretty easy to say that the best and brightest, are not working airport security.

Its pretty easy to say that the best and brightest, are not working airport security.

In a sense, I'm hoping hoping hoping that the people working airport security today are NOT our best and brightest....if you know what I mean.

Back