TSA hasn't forgotten about us...

I guess they are also admitting that the immigration and passport checks are not keeping these people out of the country. Or wait, maybe they are allowed in this country and just not allowed to fly. Can any explain that logic?

If a person is a terror suspect and is so dangerous that they should not be allowed to fly, then should they also not be allowed to enter this country? Wouldn't a Real-Terroristtm just drive in and use, I dunno, a Ryder truck as a terror weapon?

Security theater!

I guess they are also admitting that the immigration and passport checks are not keeping these people out of the country. Or wait, maybe they are allowed in this country and just not allowed to fly. Can any explain that logic?

If a person is a terror suspect and is so dangerous that they should not be allowed to fly, then should they also not be allowed to enter this country? Wouldn't a Real-Terroristtm just drive in and use, I dunno, a Ryder truck as a terror weapon?

Security theater!

Stop making sense! We can't/won't defend our borders, so we need to keep our citizens grounded!

Next will be a light-sport category for cars: something that doesn't require a TSA background check to drive because it's considered too small to carry anything large enough to do any damage, only has two seats, can't go more than 30mph and can only be driven within 25 miles of home. Wait - that sounds like a battery-powered car!

A report of the incident said agents from the FBI and Customs and Border Patrol asked Chagoury, four other passengers and two crew members to wait for several hours before they were permitted to board the jet and depart for Paris.

The brief detention provided the first public indication that Chagoury had been placed on any watch list, and because the government never comments on individual names on the no-fly list, it is unknown whether he remains on either list. Reached Monday, Chagoury's son said that neither he nor his father wished to discuss the matter.
sigh. What will it take to make this a police state?

sigh. What will it take to make this a police state?

> Continued acquiescence of the sheep- er, people, to increased government control over every aspect of their lives?

> Persistent expectation, on the part of the same people, that government has the * ability; * skills *; * motivation; * character; * trustworthiness; to take care of them.

> Allowing (and encouraging) the decimation of the constitutionally-established federal system of government?

Peggy- We're just about there, have just made some very large strides in that direction.

Next will be a light-sport category for cars: something that doesn't require a TSA background check to drive because it's considered too small to carry anything large enough to do any damage, only has two seats, can't go more than 30mph and can only be driven within 25 miles of home. Wait - that sounds like a battery-powered car!

But but but, that meets the description of toy battery powered cars that little kids use to drive around the back yard without going through any checks at all, not even getting a crackerjack drivers license first. Obviously they are the next great terror threat to this country. There are even video's of them in training driving over parents, siblings and into objects to prove they're training to kill people.
There is not now and has never been any possible way a ryder truck could even remotely cause any damage to a building no matter how much explosives are packed in the back of it. ...but those little toy cars that can't carry 120lbs without breaking in half...oh the horrors... :yikes:

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Please ignore the video's and pictures of 9-11-01 and OKC. Those have absolutely nothing to do with the real made up threat we're facing today.

Terrorists, schmerrist. You want terrorists? Jump on a motorcycle and ride around any city of your choosing in the USA sometime. On any given ride, there are literally thousands of active terrorists deliberately trying to murder you every chance they get. Some are just more proficient than others. I'll take a real terrorist over that nonsense anyday.

Stop making sense! We can't/won't defend our borders, so we need to keep our citizens grounded!

But then you could get the batteries hot enough and they might pop!!! That is too dangerous for our society and unacceptable! Something must be done!

We'll just get the FAA to issue an AD that all planes must have a placard in plain view of the pilot that says "Do not use this aircraft for acts of terrorism."

Case closed.

EdFred 2012.

Those protect against law suits not terrorism.:mad2:

Not if you print them right

ied_slideshow_snap.jpg

Some day some leaders might actually have the courage to tell their constituents that the government cannot protect them from criminals. Yeah, I know, fat chance.

Some day some leaders might actually have the courage to tell their constituents that the government cannot protect them from criminals. Yeah, I know, fat chance.

I think that's already been said in at least one court case where a citizen filed suit agains a police department for failing to protect him/her in a particular situation. The ruling was that the PD wasn't responsible.

I'll see if I can find a reference to that.

--

There are two sides - one is the gub'ment who wants to put on a show, and the other are the citizens who want to see that show.

Someone tell me when EdFred changes his avatar so I can take him off my "ignore" list.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

IWouldn't a Real-Terroristtm just drive in and use, I dunno, a Ryder truck as a terror weapon?
The problem with Ryder (and similar) trucks is that you have to provide your own destructive material and load it yourself. Too much potential to get caught.

A much simpler and effective technique would be to hijack a fuel tanker and drive it through the side of a building with a couple of (ignited) road flares sitting next to you.

Fuel tankers are easy to find (just hang around a corner with a gas station), easy to operate (many even have automatic transmissions), have the mass necessary to penetrate a building. And with tens of thousands of fuel burning on the first floor, no one is going to get out - particularly if you target a building with an "open" floor plan. The only difficulty would be to make sure of ignition. I would think it would be worthwhile to take the time to stick a couple flares in convenient external spots - unless anyone has a better idea.

YES!!
Many of our current problems will go away if we can find politicians with enough fortitude to say "No!".
Please, someone send us leaders who can say:
No, we can't fix that; it will cost too much.
No, we can't help you - there is only so much a government can or should do.
No, we shouldn't interfere there....that is getting the government too involved.
No, we should not start such a program as it involves huge startup cost, unpredictable longterm costs, which means spiralling taxation not to mention yet more government control of, and intrusion into, the lives of citizens.

Please!

some way to reduce every politician's career to one period of time -2, or sometimes 4 years - would be a big help.

YES!!
Many of our current problems will go away if we can find politicians with enough fortitude to say "No!".
No, we shouldn't interfere there....that is getting the government too involved.
No, we should not start such a program as it involves huge startup cost, unpredictable longterm costs, which means spiralling taxation not to mention yet more government control of, and intrusion into, the lives of citizens.

Please!

some way to reduce every politician's career to one period of time -2, or sometimes 4 years - would be a big help.

Reason politicians don't say no and require proof before spenindg $$?

I have two words for you: Don Rumsfeld.

I would add "criminals, and themselves".

YES!!

Please!

How about a politican who says, "No. Quit wringing your hands and deal with it!"

Next they will want us to drive these:

smart-cars-3.jpg

Yay TSA!!!

I love them. All they want to do is protect us!! I sleep well at night knowing they're on the job!!!! They're all so competent and intelligent. I'm just in awe of how awesome they look with those shiny badges on their new blue uniforms. They just scream "Don't Screw With The US You Stupid Raghead -- We Have Shiny Badges!!!!!"

Man, the TSA is just great!!! Forward thinking! Effective!!!! Just awesome man. I love them. Love love love them. I don't know how I could sleep at night if the TSA weren't around to protect me in my dreams.

Man, the TSA is just great!!! Forward thinking! Effective!!!! Just awesome man. I love them. Love love love them. I don't know how I could sleep at night if the TSA weren't around to protect me in my dreams.

Maybe sleep a little more peacefully with less nightmares if the tsa went away?

Well now come on you know what they could do with those there mules?

Just think of the children....THE CHILDREN I TELL YOU

That would be alot of fun to do donuts in on the ice!!!

Hell think how far you could jump it, can't weigh much.

Doubtful they pass US crash test standards. Saw tons of them in New Zealand.

I'm not so sure. Those things or something that looks very much like that are driving around here in colorado. They're only slightly larger than my 650cc motorcycle and the crash protection is pretty much the same. I'll take a motorcycle over one of those things anyday because I'm half the width thus have many escape options that they don't, plus I'm wearing crash gear and a helmet.

Translation: I ride a motorcycle and am calling those things death traps.

We have them here in Mass, I pulled one over a couple weeks ago. I called into dispatch with I will be stopping a Ford roller skate on xxx st.

Translation: I ride a motorcycle and am calling those things death traps.
Ah, but they aren't. Your motorcycle is much more dangerous. Besides the problems typically associated with riding a motorcycle (handling, other people crashing into you, slipping in the rain, etc., - all problems that this car doesn't have), you also get ABS, something like 4 airbags, and more visibility.

I'd much rather drive a one of these than a 1998 Ford Exploder. Much safer in so many ways.

-Felix

Ah, but they aren't. Your motorcycle is much more dangerous. Besides the problems typically associated with riding a motorcycle (handling, other people crashing into you, slipping in the rain, etc., - all problems that this car doesn't have), you also get ABS, something like 4 airbags, and more visibility.

Have you actually seen one of those things in person? If that thing gets hit be another vehicle, either the frame has to be completely rigid (very doubtful) or it'll accordian into thin crust pizza thickness between two vehicles. The crumple zones are measured in inches, not feet. Heck, I could probably competely destroy one and likely do serious damage to it's occupants with my motorcycle. At least on a motorcycle, you're high enough to see around things to anticipate what's about to happen plus have the escape option of going between stopped vehicles at a redlight. I'm certain that one of those can't have more visibility than a zero visibility restriction motorcycle.

The first Smart Car I saw was in Europe, in a display in the middle of the airport terminal. I remember thinking "if this thing is so Smart, why does it look so dumb?" But there were lots of them driving around town. They can park anywhere.

Back