TSA follies, Part 8,016

Welcome to the world of bigger, more powerful government buracracy. We are getting what we deserve for voting in the clowns we have leading us.

I'm through with this. No more holding my nose and voting for the lessor of two evils. I am going to vote for the candidate I want. Maybe if more folks do that things will start getting better.

NC Pilot said:
Welcome to the world of bigger, more powerful government buracracy. We are getting what we deserve for voting in the clowns we have leading us.

I'm through with this. No more holding my nose and voting for the lessor of two evils. I am going to vote for the candidate I want. Maybe if more folks do that things will start getting better.

Boy you got that right. I get madder every time I think that I helped
vote in an administration that conducts business like this.

Oh, this is only the tip of the iceberg. There's a story over on another web site about a woman from Australia that was arrested at Atlanta for having an oversized baggie instead of the regulation "quart size". And, of course, the infamous story of a guy in Milwaukee that was detained and nearly arrested for having written "Kip Hawley is an Idiot" on his baggie.

And yet I still hear sheeple saying "If it makes us safer, I'm all for it". There was one interviewed on the news the other night.

Safer? From what?

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Copyright © 2002 LewRockwell.com[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This story is five years old. Does this belong to the Spin Zone?[/FONT]

- Aunt Peggy

Last edited:
wsuffa said:
---------snip-------------

And yet I still hear sheeple saying "If it makes us safer, I'm all for it". There was one interviewed on the news the other night.

Safer? From what?

Right, Bill. No terrorists out there trying in the US. As 2 guys with a rifle in a beater car showed, it's so easy that if anyone who tried could do it. Elsewhere in the world, business as usual.

Is the 'War on Terror' a political scam based on "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid"?

Dick Madding said:
Right, Bill. No terrorists out there trying in the US. As 2 guys with a rifle in a beater car showed, it's so easy that if anyone who tried could do it. Elsewhere in the world, business as usual.

Is the 'War on Terror' a political scam based on "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid"?
Yeahbut, we can't go after people with rifles in cars, so let's tell everybody to make sure that have a only 3 ounces of liquid in exactly a one quart plastic ziploc bag.

Last edited:
mikea said:
Yeahbut, we can't go aftee people with rifles in cars, so let's tell everybody to make sure that have a only 3 ounces of liquid in exactly a one quart plastic ziploc bag.

Yup. And they mean EXACTLY (from the TSA website):
(note: the emphasis is theirs, not mine)
  1. All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be three ounces or smaller.
  2. All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.
  3. Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
But they do add:

"Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats."

Now I'm thinking - What if you filled a 1 qt ziplock with a whole bunch of 3 oz ziplocks full of who-knows-what?

Matthew said:
Yup. And they mean EXACTLY (from the TSA website):

But they do add:

"Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats."

Now I'm thinking - What if you filled a 1 qt ziplock with a whole bunch of 3 oz ziplocks full of who-knows-what?

I know how this stupidity happens. Lotsa meetings with lotsa bosses all in CYA mode. "Let's list all rules we want on the whiteboard..." after a few days "I thought of a few we forgot."

Also on the news today, "Most holiday travelers are expect to go by car." Gee, wonder why?

Back