TSA CFI Renew

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Does anybody have a good link to renew the TSA required annual training for CFI working at a flight school.:confused:

Does a free lancer have to jump through those hoops?
Absolutely yes. From 49 CFR 1552.1(a):
Flight school means any pilot school, flight training center, air carrier flight training facility, or flight instructor certificated under 14 CFR part 61, 121, 135, 141, or 142; or any other person or entity that provides instruction under 49 U.S.C. Subtitle VII, Part A, in the operation of any aircraft or aircraft simulator.
So, I'm a flight school, you're a flight school, he's a flight school, we CFI's are all flight schools -- at least to the TSA, albeit not to the FAA.

That said, if you're working at what we in the aviation world would think of as a flight school, that flight school is supposed to tell you what training to take, either the generic course linked above or one they have chosen/developed themselves, and then maintain a record of your successful completion of that training.

Last edited:
The Gleim FIRC has a TSA refresher module, but the FIRC is only every two years so we independents have to suspense ourselves to take the TSA refresher in the interim year.

I don't know if other FIRCS have a TSA refresher or not.

I set up a suspense date in my online calendar so I hopefully remember to take a refresher on time.

Here's my TSA "course"

Is the TSA a waste of time and resources?
Yes.

Passed. Filed away for next year. Same question next year.

King FIRC includes their TSA renew too.

I remember some flash based one that said to call in any planes that had grass in the breaks or looked like they have been landing off airport, lol yeah, guess all those terrorists love backcountry flying.

Back