TSA at Train Stations

It could just be that people don't see going through security at an airport as unreasonable.
People have been going through security at airports since about the 70s, haven't they? I seem to recall that's when it started. So that would probably mean a majority of travelers don't remember a time when there was no security at airports.

And that there's LOTS of statutes and follow-on case law that is airport-specific. Not all of that will apply to trains or other modes of transportation.

And Amtrak is about as "private" as the Post Office. Their police, for example, are Federal LE the same way that Postal Inspectors are.
Yes. And it's not a question about going through security. It's a question of going through hazardous and useless security. Most rational people do mind that. Granted, many either aren't rational or are uninformed. Hm, when has this happened before? :(

It could just be that people don't see going through security at an airport as unreasonable.

I don't think going through security at an airport is unreasonable.

I do think going through security today is unreasonable. I should not have to undress halfway and get a more thorough physical examination than I do by my doctor to get on an airplane.

People actually ride on trains? Hereabouts I've not seen one used for anything other than freight.

People actually ride on trains? Hereabouts I've not seen one used for anything other than freight.

Life exists outside of Ohio.

Might want to visit the East coast some time. There's a train that runs betwixt Boston and Washington CD. Another line runs from New York almost out to Cape Cod. You have a choice of MetroNorth, LIRR, PATH, and NJ Transit to leave NYC. Inside NYC is a fine subway system- those are trains. AmTrak runs a train from DC down to Florida that will take your car.

Even in Nebraska, you can catch a train to Chicago or someplace out west if you catch it going the otherway.

Lots of places for the TSA to expand into.

Doing pat-downs getting off the trains? Why is it that every TSA story I read feels more and more like it was written by the Onion?

Sadly, more and more Onion articles are becoming frighteningly prophetic. For example, their front page headline in mid-December of 2000: "Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over'" There was another one that turned out to be completely true later as well, but I can't remember what it was. I don't read The Onion religiously or even regularly, so I'm sure I've missed the vast majority of their headlines, and I'm sure they've nailed quite a few others. :frown2:

Heck, the first time the so-called Patriot Act passed only one person in office had the stones to vote against it.

Yeah, and look where he is now - not in the Senate any more. And the only media outlet I've seen his successor on since taking office is Fail Blog. :frown2:

Let it be shown that having cojones is not politically advantageous... Sigh.

Back