TSA and Playdoh

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
On FauxNews.com:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581992,00.html

On a post-Christmas flight out of New Orleans last week, the TSA confiscated young Josh Pitney’s Play-Doh.

...Christy was right. Play-Doh is not a prohibited item and it is allowed on board.

However, because plastic explosives can be camouflaged to look like Play-Doh, a TSA spokeswoman says screeners are told to use their own discretion.
They don't have the explosive detectors that use the swabs anymore? That would have settled the question and the kid could keep his toy.

"We're not happy until you're not happy".

I actually can't really blame the TSA for that one. I'm obviously far from an expert, but I would imagine that play-doh and RDX can be made to look similar. Not sure.

I'm surprised that they found it, though. Maybe the mistake here was to mention you had play-doh with you. It's not like the TSA idiots usually find anything anyways.

-Felix

I actually can't really blame the TSA for that one. I'm obviously far from an expert, but I would imagine that play-doh and RDX can be made to look similar. Not sure.

I'm surprised that they found it, though. Maybe the mistake here was to mention you had play-doh with you. It's not like the TSA idiots usually find anything anyways.

-Felix
They can...but the simple swab test should determine if it's RDX or Playdoh- assuming they still use it. My carry-ons used to get swabbed often...but not over the past 2 years or so. I don't even (not that I've been looking) recollect seeing the equipment lately, so maybe the swab isn't an option any more.

They can...but the simple swab test should determine if it's RDX or Playdoh- assuming they still use it. My carry-ons used to get swabbed often...but not over the past 2 years or so. I don't even (not that I've been looking) recollect seeing the equipment lately, so maybe the swab isn't an option any more.

My CPAP gets swabbed every flight now, whereas a couple of years ago it just rode thru the scanner in its case.

Mold it into the shape of a squirrel...

Mold it into a block and stick a meat thermometer into it with times instead of temps. That should get someone going

Step 1: Take playdoh out of cannister
Step 2: Form Playdoh into a shape of an electric razor
Step 3: Put Play doh into the xray machine

Oops - TSA fails again.

Back