TSA Agent Threatens Woman With Defamation, Demands $500k For Calling Intrusive Search

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ands-500k-calling-intrusive-search-rape.shtml

HAHAHA :mad2: I knew TSA workers were stupid, but they're that dumb? Really looking forward to this :)

Having read her blog post, my uneducated eye doesn't even see any prospects for a libel suit. Unless of course she lied and wasn't searched - which I really doubt. Either way - hey TSA agent Magee Thedala or whatever your name is: In my opinion, you're scum. Please sue me ... well, I guess you would really have no standing in this case. But maybe you're stupid enough :)

Last edited:
Re: TSA Agent Threatens Woman With Defamation, Demands $500k For Calling Intrusive Se

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ands-500k-calling-intrusive-search-rape.shtml

HAHAHA :mad2: I knew TSA workers were stupid, but they're that dumb? Really looking forward to this :)

Having read her blog post, my uneducated eye doesn't even see any prospects for a libel suit. Unless of course she lied and wasn't searched - which I really doubt. Either way - hey TSA agent Magee Thedala or whatever your name is: In my opinion, you're scum. Please sue me ... well, I guess you would really have no standing in this case. But maybe you're stupid enough :)

Totally disgusting.

Re: TSA Agent Threatens Woman With Defamation, Demands $500k For Calling Intrusive Se

Stupid is as stupid does and many stupid people work for the gov't, making regulations and inventing procedures like the TSA uses.

Ok. I think the TSA has gone too far in a number of ways. BUT.

I find it highly IMPLAUSIBLE that this screener digitally penetrated this lady through her pants (and presumably) undergarments.

This lady did not mention undergoing any sort of medical forensic exam. And I wonder, was this the same situation that we saw video of a while back? That whole scenario stunk of setup.

What you have here is she said-she said. A traveler is smearing a screener by calling her a rapist -a charge unproven and unprovable in this instance. That is after consenting to a patdown where she knew she would be touched.

The screener has a right to defend her good name and reputation, and file a suit as an individual to do so

I think the TSA is a waste of money and hasn't done a thing to make us safer, but the average rank and file screener is an ordinary Joe trying to make a living.

If this was the case of an agent "just doing their job" I'd buy your statement.
The assertion however is that the agent engaged in unchecked retalliation for comments made by the traveller. Just because you have TSA tattooed on the back of your net doesn't give you the right to abuse your position to retaliate against people who offend you.

Nobody's been sue yet. We've got one scum sucking lawyer who wrote a demand letter and a response from another. It costs little to write these letters. Of course the lawyer may roll the dice and try a lawsuit, but frankly, the suit is under really shaky ground for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
I'd be personally embarrassed for any woman who openly admitted her vagina was large enough to put an entire side of ones hand "up in there" as she claims.

Unless she gave birth a few minutes ago it's just not plausible. Unless she's putting "really big things" up in there frequently. In which case I'm guessing she wouldn't be too mortified after all.

Sorry. It's she said-she said, and apparently being tried in the court of public opinion because she ain't got a case.

Her own words "Basically, I felt it important to make a spectacle ". Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

The screener has a right to defend her good name and reputation, and file a suit as an individual to do so

I think the TSA is a waste of money and hasn't done a thing to make us safer, but the average rank and file screener is an ordinary Joe trying to make a living.

Well, in the spirt of sauce, goose, etc.

A TSA agent would have to have the IQ of a soap dish to not realize that TSA employees are distrusted and not respected. Why kind of reputation should a TSA agent really expect? The TSA agent took the job knowing how they are viewed by the public.

Well, in the spirt of sauce, goose, etc.

A TSA agent would have to have the IQ of a soap dish to not realize that TSA employees are distrusted and not respected. Why kind of reputation should a TSA agent really expect? The TSA agent took the job knowing how they are viewed by the public.
I am sure that some of them think they are great patriots who are the first line of defense in this nation from terrorists. I have had more than one tell me this. I have had one tell me that if they were on duty 911 would not have occurred.

I am sure that some of them think they are great patriots who are the first line of defense in this nation from terrorists. I have had more than one tell me this. I have had one tell me that if they were on duty 911 would not have occurred.
In some cases, they were. It wouldn't have made a difference. It doesn't today. I doubt we are much safer with TSA on the job. A wouldbe criminal is imaginative and can defeat even the best defenses. That's either true or they are just lucky.
Of course, when they are caught, they are just plain stupid.

I would bet the majority of people don't have a problem with TSA, Security, or LEOs. They are mostly civil and respectful of the person and the position. There are a number of people out to "prove" something and are pre jacked to anything they can make an issue out of or just blatantly stupid; saying, wearing, or doing things that are inappropriate for where they are.
In my travels, I have had positive experiences with TSA. While I am sure there are bad apples as in any job, the majority are just doing their job the best they can.

I would bet the majority of people don't have a problem with TSA, Security, or LEOs. They are mostly civil and respectful of the person and the position. There are a number of people out to "prove" something and are pre jacked to anything they can make an issue out of or just blatantly stupid; saying, wearing, or doing things that are inappropriate for where they are.
In my travels, I have had positive experiences with TSA. While I am sure there are bad apples as in any job, the majority are just doing their job the best they can.

It is the system that is screwed up. I am sure some people just want to point finger and complain about those guys who were just doing their jobs to cause trouble and "prove" something.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3587653801_55be4d11a1.jpg
    3587653801_55be4d11a1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 97

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for Amy Alkon as expressed in the original thread.

She and the TSA DESERVE each other.

It is the system that is screwed up. I am sure some people just want to point finger and complain about those guys who were just doing their jobs to cause trouble and "prove" something.
Not everything is related to Nazi Germany. If you really believe that, start the uprising. My point is simple. Some people LOOK for trouble or LOOK to start it. (Case in point.) There are many sides to each of these TSA stories and we usually only ever hear "the wronged party". And for certain, we never hear of the many millions who go through TSA security without any problems.

And for certain, we never hear of the many millions who go through TSA security without any problems.
Except the ones who end up having shoe-bombs, and down-the-pants bombs, and... never mind...

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for Amy Alkon as expressed in the original thread.

She and the TSA DESERVE each other.

I hate to get off the group-think of TSA=EVIL here, but I'm in the same mindset.

Why should someone, just because they work for the TSA, give up their right to confront someone who accuses them of a crime, in this case rape?

The accusation was not just made in the heat of the moment, in front of the individuals co-workers and supervisors, but repeated in writing and widely publicized.

Truth is a defense in a defamation claim, so if there is evidence of rape, even if it doesn't meet the criminal standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt", it can certainly be utilized.

The "response" letter from the lawyer sounded more like a political manifesto than it did a response to a threat of legal action.

As one who has - twice now - been karate-chopped very forcefully in the groin by a TSA screener doing a body search, I can categorically state that there are bad apples in the TSA that abuse passengers because they can. I was left in pain both times, and was admonished once when I doubled over. Think "kicked in the groin". There is NO, absolutely NO excuse for being manhandled by the TSA. And there is no accountability for the abuse.

As for "just comply", I watched the DFW C-30 TSA checkpoint yesterday for about 20 minutes while waiting for a flight. Of 70 males that went through the body scanner, 69 were patted-down after being virtually strip-searched. Comply and you still get groped.

TSA really isn't much different from law-enforcement that has used the Patriot Act for 1618 drug cases, and only 15 "terror" cases. (yesterday's news story on Patriot Act.

Last edited:

They're probably taught that in the PowerPoint slides during their first week on the job. A few of them will even believe it, too.

Not everything is related to Nazi Germany. If you really believe that, start the uprising. My point is simple. Some people LOOK for trouble or LOOK to start it. (Case in point.) There are many sides to each of these TSA stories and we usually only ever hear "the wronged party". And for certain, we never hear of the many millions who go through TSA security without any problems.
Actually we hear from the TSA all the time. Their standard retort to these invasions are that they followed their procedures and that the agent did not violate any rules.

IOW they did everything the jack booted thugs wanted to do.

As for everything being related to Nazi Germany. You must not be watching the political discourse these days. Each side keeps blaming ****** for all of American's ills. It is like WW2 was won by Germany if you listen to the screech machines.

The politicians are pretty desperate for an "enemy" to fight these days. It's getting harder and harder for them to keep folks from noticing that they themselves are causing more harm/pain/suffering than the latest "enemy du jour".

The politicians are pretty desperate for an "enemy" to fight these days. It's getting harder and harder for them to keep folks from noticing that they themselves are causing more harm/pain/suffering than the latest "enemy du jour".
and just who elects these politicians?

Why us.

We are our own worst enemy.

As one who has - twice now - been karate-chopped very forcefully in the groin by a TSA screener doing a body search, I can categorically state that there are bad apples in the TSA that abuse passengers because they can. I was left in pain both times, and was admonished once when I doubled over. Think "kicked in the groin". There is NO, absolutely NO excuse for being manhandled by the TSA. And there is no accountability for the abuse.

\.
Thanks for the post that lets me post this picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TSA_Logo_Scan_Glove.gif
    TSA_Logo_Scan_Glove.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 77
No, it'd just trigger a "do over" on the Primary selection process.

Can't find candidates we all agree are worth voting for, toss 'em back in the pond and find another pair.

The political version of "Go Fish".

No, it'd just trigger a "do over" on the Primary selection process.

Can't find candidates we all agree are worth voting for, toss 'em back in the pond and find another pair.
I LIKE it!

Ok. I think the TSA has gone too far in a number of ways. BUT.

I find it highly IMPLAUSIBLE that this screener digitally penetrated this lady through her pants (and presumably) undergarments.

This lady did not mention undergoing any sort of medical forensic exam. And I wonder, was this the same situation that we saw video of a while back? That whole scenario stunk of setup.

What you have here is she said-she said. A traveler is smearing a screener by calling her a rapist -a charge unproven and unprovable in this instance. That is after consenting to a patdown where she knew she would be touched.

Ah yes, the Nuremberg defense. I was just following orders.

Yup. And to get past those checkpoints full of drones following orders you either CONSENT to be screened or you are turned away. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you through that line.

It will end when sufficient numbers of people think enough is enough, then perhaps their congress critters will put a stop to this charade.

In RVN, it was the Me Lai massacre. There one could surmise an officer was the first in the chain of command responsible for making morale decisions (others could follow any order).

Best,

Dave

I have always been a big fan of run offs, when one candidate doesn't achieve 50% of the popular vote. This forces people to think twice, sometimes and often results in a better outcome. That practice has been going away in Florida, lately.

Back