TSA agent stealing? Oh, MMMHHHHPHHHHmmhhhhh

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Warning. Read this before it is removed for reasons of national security. Doing so may put you on the no-fly list. Answer the door.

COOK COUNTY - A federal security agent has been charged with stealing gift cards from a suitcase Dec. 25 while working at O'Hare International Airport,

...is accused of removing $500 worth of Target and Best Buy gift cards from a bag while screening luggage,
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-airport-agent-theft_bothfeb15,1,845467.story

I wonder if he put the "This bag has been inspected by the TSA." slip inside with a "Merry Christmas."

I am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you, that this is the first one of these cases I've read about. No doubt in my mind it happens all the time.

More asking for TSA feedback

There were five new Army recruits in front of me. They were all just kids and all had Go Army backpacks and a yellow envelope of orders. When they got to the scanner they all had sample size tooth paste, shampoo, mouth wash etc. and no little zip lock bag to put it in. TSA made a huge deal about it and stopped the line completely and made them go pay for little bags at the ticket counter to put their incidentals in. Come on! Also gels are prohibited yet I travel all the time with bags of gummy bear candy which is essentially a gel but never get stopped but try to bring a sealed can of soda in and the TSA goon squad comes to lecture you about the evils of cancelling a can of soda.

we witnessed a wheelchair bound woman who had to be in her late 70's get searched. We sure pay the price for being politically correct.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/transportation/791374,airteez021308.article
http://www.suntimes.com/news/transportation/796044,CST-NWS-airteez15.article

Just in case we think the silent majority public actually falls for the security theater.

For reasons of national security, this post will self-destruct in 15 seconds...

I am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you, that this is the first one of these cases I've read about. No doubt in my mind it happens all the time.

That's what shocks you?!? I'm absolutely stunned. Stunned that they didn't have a reason "for national security" that the cards were removed. The magnetic strip could be used as a detonator? The plastic was a liquid at one time? Whatever the case may be, this agent saved that flight by taking those cards away!

That's what shocks you?!? I'm absolutely stunned. Stunned that they didn't have a reason "for national security" that the cards were removed. The magnetic strip could be used as a detonator? The plastic was a liquid at one time? Whatever the case may be, this agent saved that flight by taking those cards away!
Those cards could have been taken out of the hold baggage after someone ripped open the floor of the aircraft, then they could have used them to jimmy the door tot he cockpit and then with their plastic butter knife sawed the heads off of the two pilots and taken over control of the aircraft. I am dismayed that you do not take these threats more seriously given that it is all done for your safety and security. :mad::mad::mad:

;););) BWAH HAHAHAHAHAAH :D:D:D:D:D:D

Security indeed! :no::no::no::no:

So, who's checking the checkers? I mean, can we really trust them? What makes them so special? You really can't have them checking themselves every day when they come to work because they're working together and may have been converted to the terrorists side for a sack lunch every day from mcdonalds. Of course at that point, they'd all say they're ok even when they're really not.

Then since you can't trust the checkers, can you really trust the checkers who check the checkers? But they might be untrustworthy too. Of course once they get 3-4 levels deep into paranoia, I'm quite certain, the paranoia level is so high that they're untrustworthy by default. Which means you can't trust the checkers who check the checkers checker, checker, either... So, who exactly can we trust? Even the president is untrustworthy by default because he's a politician who's job is to lie.

Dogs are totally honest people. They call it like it is without all the wishy washy nonsense. If they lick you, you're good. If they bite you, you're bad. It really is that simple. I think we need to fire all the TSA and security people across the board, bottom to top, and put a big dog on each plane and let them sort it all out. If someone stands up in the aisle 10 minutes into the flight and screams "I KEEELLL YOU ALL", the dog will bulldoze the individual into the floor and rip their throat out right there on the spot. That should keep any other aspiring wanna-be terrorists securely in their seats for the duration of the flight.

Last edited:
So, who's checking the checkers? I mean, can we really trust them? What makes them so special? You really can't have them checking themselves every day when they come to work because they're working together and may have been converted to the terrorists side for a sack lunch every day from mcdonalds. Of course at that point, they'd all say they're ok even when they're really not.

Then since you can't trust the checkers, can you really trust the checkers who check the checkers? But they might be untrustworthy too. Of course once they get 3-4 levels deep into paranoia, I'm quite certain, the paranoia level is so high that they're untrustworthy by default. Which means you can't trust the checkers who check the checkers checker, checker, either... So, who exactly can we trust? Even the president is untrustworthy by default because he's a politician who's job is to lie.

Dogs are totally honest people. They call it like it is without all the wishy washy nonsense. If they lick you, you're good. If they bite you, you're bad. I think we need to put a big dog on each plane and let them sort it all out.
Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!!!

:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:

That's what shocks you?!? I'm absolutely stunned. Stunned that they didn't have a reason "for national security" that the cards were removed. ...

The TSA has had lots and lots of thefts and abuse and security breaches and worse. One or two stories got out like this one. The rest get covered up and handled "within the family" for reasons of national security. I think there was one public federal prosecution.

They hire unskilled, low wage workers, chosen in a secret process, give them badges and let them imagine they have power and authority, where any questions about those issues cannot be answered for reasons of national security. And their job is to deal with and delay people who are trying to rush to get on a plane.

What could possibly go wrong?

I imagined what it must be like to go through the TSA training. You know they have to spell out everything:
"THIS is how to hold your pencil..."
--- "Wait, wait! NOT SO FAST! Is there going to be a test on this? Could you define 'pencil' and 'hold?'"
and then add the inane rules they have to allegedly know but never question, like the 3 oz of liquid in plastic bags.

I think any person with average intelligence in there would go nuts if they weren't already. If I had to attend sessions like that I'd choose maximum security solitary confinement, thank you.

Last edited:
I imagined what it must be like to go through the TSA training. You know they have to spell out everything "THIS is how to hold your pencil..." and then add the inane rules they have to allegedly know but never question, like the 3 oz of liquid.

I think any person with average intelligence in there would go nuts if they weren't already. If I had to attend sessions like that I'd choose maximum security solitary confinement, thank you.

I really think SNL got it right-

"What about a turkey sandwich?"
"That's OK, a turkey sandwich is neither a liquid or a gel."
"What if you put the turkey sandwich in a blender?"
"What if the turkey sandwich has mayo on it?"
"Lets just go back to naming liquids and gels."

Not to mention that once, in a Stephen Segal movie, a credit card was used to slit someones throat. My God how could they possibly allow such lethal weapons onto air aircraft. :confused:

Dogs are totally honest people. They call it like it is without all the wishy washy nonsense. If they lick you, you're good. If they bite you, you're bad. It really is that simple. I think we need to fire all the TSA and security people across the board, bottom to top, and put a big dog on each plane and let them sort it all out. If someone stands up in the aisle 10 minutes into the flight and screams "I KEEELLL YOU ALL", the dog will bulldoze the individual into the floor and rip their throat out right there on the spot. That should keep any other aspiring wanna-be terrorists securely in their seats for the duration of the flight.
You got my vote!

Last night, I did the online course for Flight School Security Awareness and received my certificate. Gosh, I felt so much better after the course.

I slept like a baby! :)

Last night, I did the online course for Flight School Security Awareness and received my certificate. Gosh, I felt so much better after the course.

I slept like a baby! :)

I did mine Sunday. I feel SO much sager, and there'd better nto be any sweaty or uncommunicative folks in the FBO anymore, or WE'LL FIND YOU! :hairraise:

I did mine Sunday. I feel SO much sager, and there'd better nto be any sweaty or uncommunicative folks in the FBO anymore, or WE'LL FIND YOU! :hairraise:

Watch it! Those signs are secret! National Security !!!!!!1111111!!! :dunno:

Back