Trying to switch career...that

MarcoDA40

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Marco
I currently work in the food industry with a very successful company in Raleigh NC. I make decent money and I would say I’m pretty good at what I do.(management)
I am getting a raise/promotion offer in the coming months but I’ve managed in the industry for almost 8 years and I feel like it’s time for the next chapter.
I want a job that’s related to aviation.. I don’t have a CPL or A&P(flying or fixing planes for pay is out of the question) I do have 8 years management experience and I’m actively flying so I do have my PPL/aviation knowledge . I reached out to the FBO that I rent from to inquire about a paid A&P apprenticeship but they already gave 2 apprenticeships going. I also applied at an FBO for Operations Suervisor but have not heard anything. The description for Ops supervisor position is pretty much right up my alley and very similar to my current Job.
There are plenty of linemen positions but I can’t take such a big pay cut just to be around planes..

Any insight/advice is greatly appreciated.

I had no clue about these! Thanks!

I’ve been searching on the average sites (indeed, linkedin, etc)
Keep in mind, by alphabets, I meant more than just EAA and AOPA. There are many organizations out there promoting Aviation.

Another idea would be using an event like Sun-n-Fun as a career scouting event. Be ready to approach someone with the opening question of "I'd like to get involved with a company similar to yours. Would you be willing to tell me how you got your start?" and allow them to talk about themselves. Then end the conversation with thanking them for their time and asking for a network lead. And if you are allowed to use their name to get introduced.

Be armed with business cards that web link to your job qualifications. And network the heck out of the event.

Back