Trying a pulled pork experiment...

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
e0ebd3cb-7bbe-41db-a20a-e95fd2babb49_1.6e2c6c9e78fa9fb0fbd92a9b7ecea791.jpeg

[rant on] Believe it or not, Wally World is selling this stuff online for $7.04 a packet. No, I did not buy it either from Wally World or online. Rather, I bought it at the store for a buck and some change. I just know that it is being sold for $7.04 through WW because I needed an image for the thread.[rant off]

Pulled pork got made a couple days ago. [rant on] Using an otherwise perfectly good pork tenderloin. [rant off]. Since it is raining today, outside BBQ isn't happening and I did ribs last weekend. Normally, when I do a pulled pork, I use a pork butt, and rub it down with a BBQ spice dry rub. Well I wanted to change it up a bit. I figured, why not just rub a butt down (that didn't sound right) with a dry marinade mix? Same same, right?

I'll post progress photos. If I remember. It's in the crock pot right now.

When I make a butt, I make my own rub, mostly for economic reasons, I can get the ingredients (paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper) cheaply, and a container of premade rub is pricey. A buck is pretty cheap.

"Pulled Pork Experiment" was the working title for "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Nauga,
for your consideration

I've never tried pork tenderloin for pulled pork. I have always it doesn't "pull" right. I'll be interested in hearing how yours turns out. I just bought two Pork Tenderloins yesterday (actually, I bought one, the other was free,or BOGO).

I've never tried pork tenderloin for pulled pork. I have always it doesn't "pull" right. I'll be interested in hearing how yours turns out. I just bought two Pork Tenderloins yesterday (actually, I bought one, the other was free,or BOGO).

To be clear, and pull-porking a butt, not a tenderloin. As far as using a tenderloin, it's not bad. It "pulls" okay.

I’ll smoke or grill a tenderloin to 137 and then set it aside to rest. No way it’s going to pull apart, but it will slice into delicious medallions. The only time i “pulled” a pork loin is when I forgot to get it off the smoker. I was going to take it off at 137 but got distracted and didn’t get it until close to 180. It crumbled apart because it was so dry and I ended up throwing it away. Pork butt pulls apart nicely because of the structure of that muscle.

Sac, Stubbs makes a lot of good stuff. What a lot of people will do is make a marinade like that, then inject the meat. Put the meat and any leftover marinade in a zip lock and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before cooking.

Once again you are making me hungry.

00CA14E3-18A5-46D3-B68A-F88479C16A8D.jpeg

Basically it is ready. Just need to pour the water out, separate the fat and mix a little.

Back