TruTrak, where are you?

Discussion in 'Avionics and Upgrades' started by pburger, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:00 PM.

1. pburger

pburger Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Paul B.
    TruTrak had a FB page that was a good place to monitor for announcements and updates. Even after the acquisition, they maintained this page for a while. Now, it looks like its gone. The only page I can find is BendixKing. I can't believe they don't have a dedicated page for TruTrak. I don't care if they call the page BendixKingTruTrak, or whatever, but have a page dedicated to TruTrak for TruTrak customers.

The news came out that new firmware with the Aspen/G5 integration has been approved. TruTrak said they would be posting the procedure for obtaining the firmware update in a couple of days. Well, it's been more than a couple of days, and now I can't seem to find them on FB. The TruTrak website is still there, but who knows for how long?

Does anyone here have any information on the logistics of the Vizion firmware update?

nrimmer likes this.
  2. Mooneys R Quicker

Mooneys R Quicker Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Joe Warren
    I was kinda wondering the same thing,,, Trutrak where did you go ? All the hype about the Trutak being ready for us Mooney drivers by Oshkosh and now two months later and not a peep on the release. Is the Bk’s true colors coming out again ? Over priced and under delivered.

3. Unit74

Unit74 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unit74
    Too busy figuring out how to rebrand something else for their portfolio. Real classy move dumping their Facebook.

4. MuseChaser

MuseChaser Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    MuseChaser
    I don't know anything about TT or BK, but I've always viewed dumping Facebook as a mark of class. I prefer businesses that maintain their own websites and forums for customer support. If a business' main web presence is through Facebook, I'm not interested.

Morgan3820, G-Man, retpd2001 and 2 others like this.
  5. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    There is good information posted by a BK person on one of the Mooney forums. He is doing a reasonably good job as an advocate and keeping us informed. It would be rude to post the forum name on a different forum so I will give you enough space to figure out which Mooney forum it is.

6. Unit74

Unit74 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unit74
    It's not TT that is the problem. It is in fact, the company that absorbed them that is the problem. BK should stick to kerosene and leave piston GA alone at this point.

7. flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    iMooniac
    Welcome to life as a BK customer! Now you know why those of us who have their stuff in our airplanes are tearing it out as quick as we can.