Trutrak PMA Vizion Autopilot FULL REVIEW

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
I’m excited to be able to share what I’ve learned about the Trutrak Vizion Autopilot (BendixKing Aerocruze 100) after flying with it for 6 months. If you are thinking about an autopilot upgrade I hope you find this video both useful and entertaining. I show most of the features (and some limitations) in a full review and tutorial in flight and on an LPV approach. Enjoy!!!

Excellent video. Not that I need an autopilot, but, I thought you did a great job showing all the features. I may post the link over at the Beech Aero Club since there is an ongoing push for Trio or Trutrak. I actually sold my Sundowner to the tech that's going to do a Trio install. It will be the test plane to develop the process and items needed for the install. Right now the Sundowner is based a Camarillo, CA.

Excellent video. Not that I need an autopilot, but, I thought you did a great job showing all the features. I may post the link over at the Beech Aero Club since there is an ongoing push for Trio or Trutrak. I actually sold my Sundowner to the tech that's going to do a Trio install. It will be the test plane to develop the process and items needed for the install. Right now the Sundowner is based a Camarillo, CA.
please feel free to share. I'm hoping it will be helpful to others!

Awesome video! Thanks for that! I have the TruTrak Vizion in my aircraft but haven't had the chance to play with it yet since I installed it to replace the prior, non-functioning TruTrak AP. Your video was incredibly informative!

Awesome video! Thanks for that! I have the TruTrak Vizion in my aircraft but haven't had the chance to play with it yet since I installed it to replace the prior, non-functioning TruTrak AP. Your video was incredibly informative!

I'm glad you found it useful. Hope you enjoy the Trutrak and get it configured nicely!

I learned some good things about the system. I didn’t know it would not climb to IAS.

I learned some good things about the system. I didn’t know it would not climb to IAS.
I think people don't know this feature is lacking and also don't know about the coupled instrument procedure limitation, the latter of which is a bit buried in the AFMS and the marketing materials all advertise LPV approach "capability." It's good to know what you're getting to make sure it fits your intended use! I knew these things ahead of time so I am super happy but I can imagine if you did not know that you might be disappointed.. :)

Question?

Do you notice it snaking left and right about 5-10 degrees during the final approach course when shooting an LPV…or does it keep the track perfect?

Mine has a constant tendency to snake on the final approach but ends up keeping the CDI cenetered. Not sure if I have an issue with my navigator though?

It’s most likely a setting or your navigator. Mine is rock solid on the approach. I test this with every one I install.

I went through every setting on my G430 with Andrew Barker walking me through it. It is all correct. He even recommended borrowing another 430 (Which I did) and had the same effect.

jim

Back