Trump 757. Mighty Planes

Pghsteel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Steel
Just watched Mighty planes about Trumps 757. I know its a few years old!!

Could you imagine working for this tool.

I'm even a hard core conservative right winger.

This is a how not to run a Flight Dept info commercial

Wow just wow.

Please please don't try to run AGAIN for POTUS

If you have not watched it. It's a must watch for a how not to do things.

I see his plane at LGA all the time. He used to have 727 if I'm not mistaken.

Typical story. Born on third, thought he hit a triple. He's been bankrupt several times. Big Bser.

Typical story. Born on third, thought he hit a triple. He's been bankrupt several times. Big Bser.

Sounds more like he's been thrown out several times and keeps hitting more triples.

If you don't like what he says, then you don't like it. But he has more business savy than pretty much everyone here.

You have him mixed up with his father who was indeed very savvy. Other people's money is this clowns specialty.

This is a how not to run a Flight Dept info commercial

Wow just wow.

Please please don't try to run AGAIN for POTUS

If you have not watched it. It's a must watch for a how not to do things.

Whats wrong with how the plane is managed? It seems like he is very detail focused and wants every thing perfect. I can understand that.

Having upgrades done on the plane during annual while pushing to get it done, yep been there done that (for a PA28R and much smaller budget, just to be clear).

Sounds like a bunch of owners I know, just with a bigger plane and bigger budget.

I did wonder about the choice for a 757 vs. a 737 BBJ. I got the impression the 757 is faster. When you are that rich, the only thing you cant buy is time, so faster is better. He mentioned having meetings with 30+ in the plane, so I guess a G650 or Citation X is out even though they have global legs and are pretty quick.

I did feel for the crew on the LGA to Ireland to London then back to LGA trip. Not alot of breaks in there. I also cant imagine working the logistics for that plane. That seems like the hardest part to me.

With the Donald bigger is better.he has recovered from every bankruptcy,has his own tv show. You might not like him,but he does have B****.

You have him mixed up with his father who was indeed very savvy. Other people's money is this clowns specialty.

So you admit he is very business savvy. Getting rich using other peoples money? Sounds pretty good to me.

If your talking about The Donald, then we are on the same page. You obviously don't like him as a person or maybe don't like his politics, but for you to sit here and bash his business acumen sounds like sour grapes. Or maybe just jealously, which is ok. I'm jealous of his ability to keep hitting triples.

So you admit he is very business savvy. Getting rich using other peoples money? Sounds pretty good to me.

If your talking about The Donald, then we are on the same page. You obviously don't like him as a person or maybe don't like his politics, but for you to sit here and bash his business acumen sounds like sour grapes. Or maybe just jealously, which is ok. I'm jealous of his ability to keep hitting triples.

Selling your name to others so they can put it on bad projects is not good business acumen. It is a way to destroy your brand.

Whats wrong with how the plane is managed? It seems like he is very detail focused and wants every thing perfect. I can understand that.

Having upgrades done on the plane during annual while pushing to get it done, yep been there done that (for a PA28R and much smaller budget, just to be clear).

Sounds like a bunch of owners I know, just with a bigger plane and bigger budget.

I did wonder about the choice for a 757 vs. a 737 BBJ. I got the impression the 757 is faster. When you are that rich, the only thing you cant buy is time, so faster is better. He mentioned having meetings with 30+ in the plane, so I guess a G650 or Citation X is out even though they have global legs and are pretty quick.

I did feel for the crew on the LGA to Ireland to London then back to LGA trip. Not alot of breaks in there. I also cant imagine working the logistics for that plane. That seems like the hardest part to me.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Don't forget it was in maintenance before LGA. 1) Where is the head of maintenance making sure things are right. Not the PIC. 2) Where is dispatch. To help with logistics. Fuel, ramp space, steps for unloading , hotels, ect. flight planning And to top it off. Where is the 2nd crew. They had to be up 40 hrs easy.

I'm all in for making sure things are perfect. I'm with you!!
But to run a Flight Dept of this magnitude with 2 or 3 people. Unacceptable.

You make sure the lines in the carpet are all going the same way. But throw safety out the window. The Captian is scared of Trump and has no balls. That's the recipe for a smoking hole.

Steel

Only chumps gamble with their own money.

That's what the management of Enron said too. Several are still doing time. Don't you remember "kenny boy" Lay?! That what little bush called him before things went south. Back when kenny boy was one of his largest contributors. Kenny boy, on his way to the big house died of heart failure. 8500 of his employees lost their life savings by not being able to sell their worthless company stock!

I think a lot of the "conflict" and "drama" in that episode was exaggerated for TV.

I think a lot of the "conflict" and "drama" in that episode was exaggerated for TV.

Wait. TV exaggerates?? Get out of here! I thought it was only internet forums that did that.

Next, you're going to tell me that reality TV is scripted. Say it ain't so Wally.

Shoulda bought an A380 then...

Can't afford it.

Currently he claims a net worth of 4.1bil. In the past, various banks had to look into his assets and found his net worth to be considerably lower than the numbers he claimed at the time. For example, in the early 2000s he claimed to be worth between 3.5bil and 8bil yet when various banks looked into it, they only found 1.2bil (2005) and 788 mil (2004) in assets that are actually his. He apparently puts a high monetary value on his 'brand', something banks wouldn't loan against.

The old airliners he flies around are cheap to buy compared with state of the art long-range bizjets. If you look on flightaware, he mostly flies short hops like LGA to BWI or LGA to PBI CHS. Nothing he couldn't do in a Citation V, but it wouldn't be big enough to carry around his ego.

The old airliners he flies around are cheap to buy compared with state of the art long-range bizjets. If you look on flightaware, he mostly flies short hops like LGA to BWI or LGA to PBI CHS. Nothing he couldn't do in a Citation V, but it wouldn't be big enough to carry around his ego.

So the 757 that he is flying around is an old airliner that her refurbished? From the video, I got the impression that he bought it new and was trying to keep all of his low time parts from being exchanged for high time airline parts. Could have all been an act give the impression that he bought it new.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Don't forget it was in maintenance before LGA. 1) Where is the head of maintenance making sure things are right. Not the PIC. 2) Where is dispatch. To help with logistics. Fuel, ramp space, steps for unloading , hotels, ect. flight planning And to top it off. Where is the 2nd crew. They had to be up 40 hrs easy.

You make sure the lines in the carpet are all going the same way. But throw safety out the window. The Captian is scared of Trump and has no balls. That's the recipe for a smoking hole.

Steel

If you notice, in Ireland the Captain tells the first officer after the low pass that he was up all night worrying about the maneuver.

I agree with you on seeing so much logistics and planning on the captain's shoulders. It didn't seem right but who knows what the reality is since that was an edited TV show.

So the 757 that he is flying around is an old airliner that her refurbished? From the video, I got the impression that he bought it new and was trying to keep all of his low time parts from being exchanged for high time airline parts. Could have all been an act give the impression that he bought it new.

It is a hand me down from Paul Allen, a real billionaire.

He's a pompous, self important jerk. He used to bring his Sikorsky into my airport to pick up his son who attended a nearby, high end, private high school, The Hill School. His pilots were both Vietnam vets, and the two blondes that accompanied him were not his wife.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Don't forget it was in maintenance before LGA. 1) Where is the head of maintenance making sure things are right. Not the PIC.
I guess you haven't seen many smaller corporate flight departments, then.

2) Where is dispatch. To help with logistics. Fuel, ramp space, steps for unloading , hotels, ect. flight planning
Probably outsourced? It's a pt91 op... they don't even need one if they don't want one. We have many many clients with widebody bizjets that we take care of, though.

And to top it off. Where is the 2nd crew. They had to be up 40 hrs easy.
Pt91 again. No need.

Again, you haven't seen many small corporate flight departments, eh?

I
Probably outsourced? It's a pt91 op... they don't even need one if they don't want one. We have many many clients with widebody bizjets that we take care of, though.

Pt91 again. No need.

How would a 37 seat 757 get around part 125 large aircraft rules ? Does rhe FAA give waivers for aircraft that big ?

That's what the management of Enron said too. Several are still doing time. Don't you remember "kenny boy" Lay?! That what little bush called him before things went south. Back when kenny boy was one of his largest contributors. Kenny boy, on his way to the big house died of heart failure. 8500 of his employees lost their life savings by not being able to sell their worthless company stock!
Wow. It's Bush's fault you hate Trump?

Steel

Steel,

Mr. Trump operates his airplane on a FAA 14 CFR Part 125 certificate. He has a Director of Operations, a Director of Maintenance, a Chief Pilot.

They also use contract dispatch services, and they must follow 14 CFR Part 125 rest and duty times for flight crew.

This is not a Part 91 operation.

Pt91 again. No need.

It's operated Part 125. :rolleyes:

Steel,

Mr. Trump operates his airplane on a FAA 14 CFR Part 125 certificate. He has a Director of Operations, a Director of Maintenance, a Chief Pilot.

They also use contract dispatch services, and they must follow 14 CFR Part 125 rest and duty times for flight crew.

This is not a Part 91 operation.

Good to know!

I was basing my opinion on what was being protrayed in what I thought was a documentary. The show did not have the feel of a goofy made up reality show.

Even if it was not factual, why would you want to portray your Flight Dept in that manner.

Ohh well duped by TV again.

Steel

He's a pompous, self important jerk. He used to bring his Sikorsky into my airport to pick up his son who attended a nearby, high end, private high school, The Hill School. His pilots were both Vietnam vets, and the two blondes that accompanied him were not his wife.

I'm inclined to agree.

His brother Robert, on the other hand, is a mensch.

Rich

Pt91 again. No need.

This is where your wrong.

I worked my way up the ladder through Charter /Corporate Flight depts.
I get it. Really I do.

My point still stands. This again (IF TRUE) is no way to run a Dept of this magnitude

Let me guess! With you in Houston TX and say we take care of clients.

You work for Universal Weather and Aviation. Eh?

Steel

Good to know!

I was basing my opinion on what was being protrayed in what I thought was a documentary. The show did not have the feel of a goofy made up reality show.

Even if it was not factual, why would you want to portray your Flight Dept in that manner.

Ohh well duped by TV again.

Steel

You'd want to portray it that way to promote Trump's "godlike" (well, God wannabe) image to the public who does not understand why running a flight dept this way is bad.

The purpose of this show is to stroke Trump's ego.

Last edited:
The purpose of this show is to stroke Trump's ego.
I haven't seen the show in question but, in most cases, the purpose of any show (or magazine or newspaper) isn't to educate, inform, or entertain. The purpose is to sell advertising.

I haven't seen the show in question but, in most cases, the purpose of any show (or magazine or newspaper) isn't to educate, inform, or entertain. The purpose is to sell advertising.

Ok, you're right, let me rephrase - the reason why Trump agreed to make this show was to promote his _personal_ image, and stroke his own ego.

I'm sure the shows producers wanted to sell ads, sure.

If this plane is strictly a business tool, gold-plating everything and stressing over carpet seams doesn't make the tool any more efficient or useful. I mean, sure you want a nice interior, but there's no reason to get OCD about it.

Back