Truck stops and pilot lounges

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
They share one thing in common in that if you don't like the one you're at you can move on down the line.

At a truck stop large Marge takes your payment.
At a pilot lounge some lil hottie takes your payment.

At a truck stop you can expect Marge to watch your back.
At a pilot lounge the desk babe screwed up your bill and can't follow along when you try to explain how to correct.

At a truck stop you probably don't want to eat what they're serving.
At a pilot lounge they'll shuttle you to the restaurant but it'll be awhile.

At a truck stop you can expect more services than you'll probably need.
At a pilot lounge you very well may be SOL for a variety of reasons.

At a truck stop you can watch all the TV you want, if you don't mind 3 channels only.
At a pilot lounge you can watch all the TV you want but you'll have to turn it down because the guy wearing stripes just walked in to catch a snooze and he keeps glaring at you. You're not wearing braid or a white shirt.

At a truck stop people stare at you because you don't have grease or oil anywhere on your clothing.
At a pilot lounge people stare at you because you have grease or oil on your clothing.

At a truck stop you can buy a comb or a hat for your matted down hair.
At a pilot lounge it's expected you have a comb.

At a truck stop no one looks twice at the copenhagen down the side of your cab.
At a pilot lounge all the linemen have suddenly left for lunch when they see you taxi in.

At a truck stop no one looks down at you because your ride only has centerline thrust.
At a pilot lounge they hide the children when they see you walking in off the ramp.

At a truck stop no one asks you the nature of your business on the premises.
At a pilot lounge you may be challenged several times, even though they watched you land.

These are generalizations meant in the spirit of fun. If you desire to partake in this jocose poke at these facilities feel free to add to the list.

Last edited:
If my airplane pulled into a truck stop it would be the equivalent of a 1950s cabover with 1 drive axle. The condos on the new Western Stars would be bigger than my entire trailer!

Richard said:
At a truck stop large Marge takes your payment...

quote]

At a truck stop people who've been driving 8 hours (10?) stop to talk for a few minutes. At our pilot's lounge people who just flew an hour stop to talk for 8 hours.:D

At a pilot lounge, the desk babes are slim and trim.
At a truck stop, they're bigger than me! :wonderwoman:

At a pilot lounge, you can buy things out of a vending machine for exhorbitant rates.
At a truck stop, you can buy things out of the C-store and fast food joints for even more exhorbitant rates. (Seen tonight at a Chester Fried Chicken at a TA travel center in Gary, IN: Three chicken tenders, three "potato wedges" (basically big fries), and a small drink for $6.89!)

Thanks for sharing, those are great. I'm passing them on to my brother-in-law, a truck driver who dreams of flying.

Back