Troubleshooting 232/429 issues on 530/430

Landing Fees

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Landing Fees
History: We installed the 345/430 a couple of years ago but have been experiencing the communication issue on the 530 since shortly after install. It is annoying but since we fly with iPads, the lack of traffic on the 530 isn't an issue for us. As you can see it is all Garmin so I hope we can eliminate the compatibility concern.

Going back to the shop next week to run down a communications issue but I wanted to consult POA to see if anybody else has seen the same/similar error. I am not big on paying shops to learn something that others have already learned how to fix.

Normally I will only see the 232/ASDS-B/429 issue on the 530 but a couple of weeks ago I got it on the 430 and an error on the 345 as well. I recycled the 345 and the errors went away, but they persist on the 530. This picture was the only time I ever saw that error with the 430. I had just bought a second nav subscription so the 530/430 were cross-talking for the first time but the 430 error went away after that.

Gonna go fly shortly and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 20
Software updates. Our 530 took a half dozen updates before we could get two G5’s and the 345 everything right. Many of the updates changed how serial ports worked.

Thank you. Interesting. We are headed in next week and one of the things that we are going to do is update the software on the 345, I doubt the 530 has been updated since it was installed in 2015. If I had one wish it would be that everything was owner/user updatable like the G5s.

it was the 530 that needed updates . ours was installed 10+ years ago.

Back