trouble with ATP written

oicur12

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
oicur12
hey all, does the candidate get a copy of FAR's during the written exam?

No.

Bob Gardner

I thought that I'd be better than Sheppard Air and try to learn the material. After 5 months with the Gleim stuff, I gave in, spent 6 hours with Sheppard Air and was test ready.

I just bit the bullet and did the same...now need to block out the time to finish it.

yep, using SA now for a week.

My brain hurts. How the heck do you guys remember all of this stuff?

Compared to some of the other courses out there they are a bargain!

I've never taken this test, but I've heard good things about Sheppard Air also.

And is it too much to ask to have the station names idented on wx charts?

Or is this a geography test also?

Yes, the material sucks. Does that mean you should complain about it as a way to rationalize not passing the test? No, everyone else did it. Compare our simple, 1 test for an ATP to what you would go thru in Europe

No, still studying. No fail yet.

"No, everyone else did it."

Yep, everyone does it, complains about how dumbass it is, passes and moves on without doing a single thing to effect change in the system and leaves the system broken for the next guys.

100 years later pilots are still wasting time with un important crap!!!!

Live, breathe, and eat ATP written for a few days. You will dream about this stuff, then take the test, and then forget it all.

After procrastinating on it for months, I'm hitting it again hard, hoping to do the written in the next couple of weeks. But working through some of these performance charts in an era of portable computing devices, particularly iPads, makes me chuckle. Does anyone flying a 737 trace their finger up a gridded chart to figure out flight times?

I know, I know....the FAA still has lots of ADF questions lying around, too.

Back