Trouble with AOPA Board

W. Stewart

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
W. Stewart
While I like the POA site, the AOPA board still has many more participants/posts, so I hang out there, when I can. Periodically, though, it does not seem to work, or I cannot access it.

I have been able to get on it now for several months, with a bookmark taking me right to the board, until yesterday. I had occasion to use another members-only section of the AOPA webpage (hate the new webpage!), as I needed Vref. After I got my Vref, I think the site somehow screwed with my cookie or something, as I cannot get to the Forum. I go to Member Services/Benefits, or whatever and see the forum link, click on it, and then .. . . NOTHING.

Does anyone know what is going on? How can I access it?

Thanks,

Wells

While I like the POA site, the AOPA board still has many more participants/posts, so I hang out there, when I can. Periodically, though, it does not seem to work, or I cannot access it.

I have been able to get on it now for several months, with a bookmark taking me right to the board, until yesterday. I had occasion to use another members-only section of the AOPA webpage (hate the new webpage!), as I needed Vref. After I got my Vref, I think the site somehow screwed with my cookie or something, as I cannot get to the Forum. I go to Member Services/Benefits, or whatever and see the forum link, click on it, and then .. . . NOTHING.

Does anyone know what is going on? How can I access it?

Thanks,

Wells

Are your problems between 04:00 & 04:20 eastern time? If so, it seems to be daily.

Just clear all of your aopa.org cookies. That means you have to log in to the members section, and that means you need to know AOPA member password. I you don't have it you can can reset it by email.

"Welcome to Comcast technical support. Due to heavy call volume you may experience a wait. Calls will be taken in the order received. Technical support can be reached at www.comcast.com"

Now why would anyone, on the phone to tech support, be on the phone? Because their internet access had gone down, stupid!

"Welcome to Comcast technical support. Due to heavy call volume you may experience a wait. Calls will be taken in the order received. Technical support can be reached at www.comcast.com"

Now why would anyone, on the phone to tech support, be on the phone? Because their internet access had gone down, stupid!

There's a Dilbert.

"I can't get on the network."

- "Send me an email to open a ticket."

"I CAN'T!"

- "Geez, you're lame."

I think that Wells said he couldn't get on, so he can't ask that question there if he can't get on. ;)

Wells, did you try clearing your cache? If you're still having problems, I could ask your question on the forum for you and get back with you in a PM over here. :)

Exactly! I just deleted all my cookies, and still I could not get on. When I click on the link posted above, it just takes me to the main AOPA webpage (which shows that I am logged on under my member number). Argh!

Thanks, though!

Wells

I just tried to get onto the AOPA board after many months and on a computer that never went there before. Here is how to get on:

S1) Jump to a page that requires membership.
R1) You go to a page that asks you to log in. After 10 seconds you go to another page.

S2) Locate the login form in the far right column of the page. Fill in your user name and password.
R2) When successful, you return to the same page with the login form.

S3) Jump to the page that requires membership.
R3) Success.

I can not get on either. forums.aopa.org takes me to www.aopa.org
If I search for forums, then click on the link, it takes me back to the homepage. Cleared all cookies and cache. Still does not work.

Jeff

Exactly! I just deleted all my cookies, and still I could not get on. When I click on the link posted above, it just takes me to the main AOPA webpage (which shows that I am logged on under my member number). Argh!

Thanks, though!

Wells

still does that for me too. Anybody else having these issues?

Back