Tron Guy on America's got talent

ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
Jay was on America's got talent tonight.

Exactly what talent was Jay going to exhibit, except perhaps uncommonly bad fashion sense?

3-X's rather quickly but seemed to take it well. Subscript said he was 'unemployed' ,... Been a long time, did he sell his plane? I recall him trying to but there was the AD or something that came out on that plane.

I was watching that. Do you guys really know him?
Yep. He was active here a couple years ago. I flew with him in his Zodiac back then. I heard he sold it on eBay or at least attempted to.

Interesting - cognitive dissonance, because the costume is so very odd, but Jay's a great conversationalist.

I attach a picture taken at the Gaston's fly-in, two years ago.

Attachments

• DSC01426.JPG
    DSC01426.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 68
I recall seeing that Jay sold the aircraft, but took a real bath doing so. It had a very, very nice avionics suite. He had actually become a sport pilot CFI, though he had trouble taking the CFI ride because of the problems with the aircraft. No more have fallen from the sky, so maybe the fix worked.

Ouch. Sharon was not impressed, apparently... :rolleyes:

The whole "Tron Guy" thing works much better as a still-picture internet meme. Jay seems like a nice guy, and I have to give him props for putting so much effort into "Tron Guy", but he's not really an "entertainer". :D

Ouch. Sharon was not impressed, apparently... :rolleyes:

The whole "Tron Guy" thing works much better as a still-picture internet meme. Jay seems like a nice guy, and I have to give him props for putting so much effort into "Tron Guy", but he's not really an "entertainer". :D

Might work better if he looked more like Jeff Bridges than, well.............. :wink2:

I was watching that. Do you guys really know him?

Flown in his plane, had lunch with him several times. A great all-around guy, I'm sorry he no longer participates here.

I'm also sorry to hear he's still unemployed. He had a really rough string of luck there.

Back