Trolls against GA

I agree that the overall numbers from piston GA are negligible, but...your numbers are way, way off.

Back of the envelope calculation:

Typical Piston Plane: 12 gal/hr, 135 knots, 11.25 nmpg, 1.6 lbs/nm
Typical Car: 25 mpg, 28.75 nmpg, 0.68 lbs/nm

The math just doesn't work.

One bit of a saving grace is that airplanes don't have to follow roads. E.g. Denver to Dallas is 800 miles by road and only 660 miles by air. I think as a general rule you can add 20% to the airplane's efficiency.

Change your airplane to a VariEze and you'll beat most cars...
https://www.treehugger.com/aviation...e-of-100-mpg-thats-better-than-most-cars.html

cat%20cow_zpsfvydokzf.jpg

Just sayin..........

Z:
I'll allow 269,000 sq mi for Texas, but multiplying by 640 ac/sq; mi gives 172,160,000 acres, no? Btw, great job in 4th-grade Texas history!

Yeah, The American history book didn't even tell us who won WW II.

After a very deep 30 second internet search I found out that every search that I looked at had a different number of square miles for Texas.

What about the mass pollution created by industrial parks around the country, that affect our oceans and aquaculture? It's time to start looking at the real issues at hand.

What about the hot air from politicians? Does it contribute to global warming? :D

What about the hot air from politicians? Does it contribute to global warming? :D

I think that's the main contributing factor, I know I tend to feel heated every time I'm near one, hear one, or see one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back