Trivia Question

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
I don't know the answer to this, so I am asking you to help me.

What airport in the US (may not be the lower 48) that has three parallel runways all around 4k' long that is not in either CA or TX.
The only other thing I know is that the runway #s are 14/32.

Thanks

Got an obsession, Dave? :)

well, a little one. Someone asked a friend of mine, who asked me, and of course, I turned to google, which came up with nothing helpful.....then I started searching skyvector.com sectionals, then I thought, why not ask some other nice pilot folks to help out

Any chance the person asking was out of date and they renamed the runways recently? Not sure how often this is actually done, but due to drift of the magnetic north pole, the runway names become inaccurate over time.

that's true, but I still wonder if there's an airport with 14/32

KMDW only has one of its five runways around 4000' (the others are 25% - 50% longer), and he specified all around 4K'.

Dave, are 14/32[L|C|R] the only runways this airport has, or do you know?

What airport in the US (may not be the lower 48) that has three parallel runways all around 4k' long that is not in either CA or TX.

Thanks
4000 seems short for three parallel runways.

DTW used to have three matching L/C/R numbers but they renumbered them when they added the fourth parallel runway to 5/23 l/r and 4/22 L/R.

Thanks

14/32...hmmmmm I was thinking Orlando Sanford, but I think they are 09/27s...

Thanks

You can rule out Alaska. No airports up here with three parallel runways - at least not paved. But maybe that is the trick. Hmm...

Last edited:
I should add that this might be an airport that has since been expanded, or perhaps doesn't exist anymore....in other words, it could be a place from any point in history.

Thanks for all your answers. This is driving a certain pt 135 operator very crazy.

I should add that this might be an airport that has since been expanded, or perhaps doesn't exist anymore....in other words, it could be a place from any point in history.

I'd bet MDW then... Maybe at some point their runways were 14/32 instead of 13/31.

I also googled airnav for 14C and got nuthin'.

Back