Triple Tree Fly-in 2022

Dave Theisen

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Theisen
Anyone going next week? My current plan is to be there Wednesday through Sunday.

Still a go for me. Probably the 120 with my son. Coming from Chatt area. A couple to several of us coming. Get there mid day Fri, leave Sun morning.

423-883-0721

Still a go for me. Probably the 120 with my son. Coming from Chatt area. A couple to several of us coming. Get there mid day Fri, leave Sun morning.

423-883-0721
The same plane in your avatar? Were you parked down towards the river?

Yep. That’s me!

Oh man. Sorry. Ya, it’s just kinda neat. Actually quite practical too.

No kidding? Say more.

Gotta come visit!

My 120 has a Beech Roby propeller. It’s a wood bladed, inflight mechanically adjustable pitch prop. I had heard about them but never seen one till I bought this plane. I think it’s cool!

The plane itself is kinda beat up, pitted… but only has a thousand hours, which I believe because the doors work PERFECTLY. Never seen Cessna doors work PERFECTLY. Only explanation I can think of is that the plane was never used much.

Likewise! It’s a great event, worth a repeat. Even gonna try to do the control line model airplane event.

Thanks for posting the pics. I’ll try to upload a few…

423-883-0721
You back in the CHA area? We need to link up.

No, Gulf Shores…. But up there as I can. Will be hanging around KAPT this weekend doing a little guest flying for Chatt Skydiving.

I agree this is a GREAT meet-up event.

I dont get on poa much so just now spotted this thread
I’ll get some pics loaded when i get some time.

I did not say i went in the tower.

The Aerostar low approach was incredible (the highlight for sure)

When the large helicopter departed i did get some incredible video. Not sure how to post it.
But,most of my time was spent bringing the kids for golf cart rides. That’s where the majority of my pics came from.

Search triple tree on the “YouTube” and there is pictures from the tower. I briefly met the photographer but didnt get his name down.
Hes got some incredible shots of takeoffs (kinda obvious) good camera and great angle from above.

With the good weather the workers bees reported record numbers on Saturday.

These photos look amazing! Definitely on my list!

Back