Mike Schneider

Pre-Flight
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
The Maule has been sold.

Last edited:
N9228L, $44,000, Tricycle gear (tri-gear) aircraft, Avionics list: KT-76A transponder, two KX 155s (nav-coms), KN64 DME, KMA24 Audio Panel, KR 87 ADF and Garmin 196 GPS. It is IFR equipped and recently had the IFR two year certification, Mogas (automobile) fuel STC, Observation (patroller) doors (glass in the lower half of the door), Constant speed prop, 73 gallon fuel capacity, 1850 hours since new, Complete logs, A “7” inside and out, All ADs complied with, O-360-C1F. Located in Tallahassee, FL 850-877-2920
This is the plane I took to the west coast (Washington, Oregon and California in 2005 and landed at 101 airports in 2007 http://www.goflyamerica.org/pilot_detail.asp?p=9 . It is a fun plane!
Mike, you're selling your Maule. :(

This is the one you flew to Gaston's, right?

Mike,
Sorry that you're selling, but I hope it is a prelude to getting something even better!

Unfortunately, it's not quite what we're looking for. If only it had an IFR GPS, slightly better payload, and went a little faster! :) That said, what is the actual payload and fuel burn on this? I see a typical 973lbs useful load for these, which would give a payload of about 535 lbs. Actually, that's not bad, and that's probably somewhere around 5 hours with reserve. Hmmm.... How are the compressions? Is this a 2000 TBO engine?

Yes, Diana, this is the Maule that Susan and I flew to Gaston's. That was a fun trip!

Grant, the payload on my Maule is 529 pounds. The compressions are in the 70s. The factory says the fuel burn is 9 gallons per hour, it is really 10 gallons per hour. Note that it has the mogas STC. This is a 2000 TBO engine. The guy in the hangar next to mine took his O-360 to 2800 hours then sold it to a guy that flew it another two years before going to overhaul (I don't know how many hours he put on it in those two years). With 73 gallons on board that is 6.5 hours plus a fat reserve.

In an effort to keep this Maule from becoming a "hangar queen", I have reduced the price to $39,000.--. Someone is going to get a bargain! PM me for info.
Mike
FL 850-877-2920 Please call during daylight hours, as I am sick. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have flown in this plane (and it has been to Gaston's), and it is a Very Nice Plane.

The very first ConUS Challenge claim was flown in this Maule, by Mike.

$39k will be a steal for someone.

Petra,
Yes, I do have pictures. Send me a PM with your email address, as I don't know how to post pictures on PoA as Steve did in "Gaston's '08 Arrivals and pics". Thanks.
Mike

Petra,
Yes, I do have pictures. Send me a PM with your email address, as I don't know how to post pictures on PoA as Steve did in "Gaston's '08 Arrivals and pics". Thanks.
Mike
Mike, I have pictures of your airplane that I took at Gaston's. I'll be glad to post a few of them here if you would like. :)

Diana,
I would appreciate it if you would post the pictures. Thank you.
Mike

Thank you, Diana. I am heading out for an instrument lesson. Mike, I pm'd you....looking forward to more info!

Petra

Diana,
I would appreciate it if you would post the pictures. Thank you.
Mike
Here are a few. Mike, if you don't like any of these, let me know and I will delete them. They've been downsized and I can change the size of the file if you would like. I wish I would have taken pictures of your panel.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. :(

Attachments

• Maule 1 80.JPG
    Maule 1 80.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Maule 3 80.JPG
    Maule 3 80.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Maule 4 80.JPG
    Maule 4 80.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 50
Diana,
Those are great. Down sized in fine. Thank you. I attached several pictures to Petra in an email (panel included).
Mike

After Spike's comment I'm starting to think about it again! Talk about an incentive to lose weight! :)

Mike:

You will recover, fully, and you will fly again.

/s/ Spike

Back