Tri-Pacer down.

It appears they missed clearing the ridge by just a couple hundred feet. I look at this type of crash and wonder what sort of decision making process was in play. How did the pilot paint himself into that corner?

It's sad but also frustrating.

It appears they missed clearing the ridge by just a couple hundred feet. I look at this type of crash and wonder what sort of decision making process was in play. How did the pilot paint himself into that corner?

Yes it is frustrating. I knew a few people that were less than 100 feet below the top when they hit.

Looks like the hills come up quick out there. God bless.

Assuming I understand you correctly to be concluding CFIT, curious exactly how you deduced that as the cause?

Based solely on the photos, since the article mentions nothing about cause, couldn’t they just as easily have lost the engine and landed near the ridge top?

FAA registry shows a student pilot cert and 2014 medical for someone with a Prescott Valley address and the same name as the survivor. There is nothing in registry matching the name of the deceased.

Assuming I understand you correctly to be concluding CFIT, curious exactly how you deduced that as the cause?

Based solely on the photos, since the article mentions nothing about cause, couldn’t they just as easily have lost the engine and landed near the ridge top?

The plane is on its back because it hit at speed and flipped. The photos show the top of the ridge is close to the wreckage.

Could it be something else? Sure. Crash threads are full of conjecture.

Back