Tri-champs

It's like the Velcro shoe of champs.

For when you've reached that point in your life when you just don't give a damn about self-respect. ;)

Just split the difference.
Aeronca.jpg

You’d be the envy of every fly-in with one of those..

From Wikipedia we get this:

7FC Tri-Traveler
In 1957, Champion brought out the 7FC, a design sharing many parts, including the engine, with the 7EC; the most significant difference is the tricycle landing gear arrangement with oleo struts on all 3 wheels and extra frame bracing for the nosewheel. Factory standard equipment was comparable to the tailwheel DeLuxe Traveler. The 7FC is 3 mph (4.8 km/h) slower and 90 lb (41 kg) heavier than an equivalent 7EC.[31] Standard gross weight is 1,450 lb (660 kg).[30]

The nose-wheel equipped 7FC has a useful load of 540 lb (245 kg) compared with 630 lb (286 kg) for the conventional (tail-wheel) geared 7EC. Both 1957 models are equipped with a Continental C90-12F 90 hp (67 kW) engine.[32]

So it's slower and heavier and has a lot less useful load. You'll have to leave behind more than your self-respect.

So it's slower and heavier and has a lot less useful load. You'll have to leave behind more than your self-respect.

And a nose wheel that you better not treat like a Cessna or a Tripacer or you may be etching your mark in the pavement.

I've always wanted one of those, just because I think they're kind of neat.
I had a brief obsession with the Cessna 620. How cool would it be to cruise up to a fly in or pull into a ramp on a cross country on a miniature DC7?! Small "over engined" planes are cool

If I had disposable money (Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Russian Oligarch) I would have an incredible collection. I'd skip the G650 and Falcons (fine, probably a TBM that I can fly) and spend my money on unique and cool birds

upload_2018-2-16_16-46-51.png

I had a brief obsession with the Cessna 620. How cool would it be to cruise up to a fly in or pull into a ramp on a cross country on a miniature DC7?! Small "over engined" planes are cool

If I had disposable money (Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Russian Oligarch) I would have an incredible collection. I'd skip the G650 and Falcons (fine, probably a TBM that I can fly) and spend my money on unique and cool birds

View attachment 60203
Civil version of the B-36.

Back