TRF Today

flyingriki

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
flyingriki
Well, our illustrious leader was running his usual inconsiderate tardy routine today leaving Merced. The TFR was supposed to expire at 2:30. I was going through and waited 'til then. Called NorCal, fortunately, and was vectored around. Heard several pilots calling in from both ground and air saying Flight Service was reporting the TFR expired.....
Wonder how many were eventually busted? Sad state of affairs on both counts.
Photo from a few hours earlier.

Attachments

• AF1.jpg
    AF1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
And here I thought you were talking about my home airport, TRF - Sandefjord, Norway ;)

Nope, I call them TRFs for what they mean to me...

And.....another one today in the SF bay area....covers EVERYWHERE! Hope the cause is gone in time to get out of here this afternoon. WILL NOT trust the dumb flight briefing as I now know they are just useless enough to get you in trouble...

And.....another one today in the SF bay area....covers EVERYWHERE! Hope the cause is gone in time to get out of here this afternoon. WILL NOT trust the dumb flight briefing as I now know they are just useless enough to get you in trouble...

Let's put it this way.

The V-22s are in the air right now. Won't be long.

Let's put it this way.

The V-22s are in the air right now. Won't be long.
What do they do with those? At Merced last week only the 747 was on the ground and as I vectored around the circus a C5 went over me heading into Castle and Marine 1 was enroute. What an expensive waste. My God.....

It's always nice when we get TFRs for fund raising ,or golf outings.

What do they do with those? At Merced last week only the 747 was on the ground and as I vectored around the circus a C5 went over me heading into Castle and Marine 1 was enroute. What an expensive waste. My God.....
I'm sure they are there for interception. Jets don't do much good against a clueless 152 pilot with no weather briefing or radio skills.

I'm sure they are there for interception. Jets don't do much good against a clueless 152 pilot with no weather briefing or radio skills.
It'd be interesting to see a Falcon or Eagle do laps around a Skyhawk. I'd be embarrassed getting intercepted by a Blackhawk, though... especially after talking to the CBP pilot at OSH last year. He was kind of a prick.

Guy across the hangar row from my airplane was loading his whole family's crap into his SR-22T but never pulled it out, so I asked what was up. He said they were going to have to fly over the mountains at night to get to their west coast destination because of the TFRs. His ADM aside, they did offer to let him talk to the Secret Service and get some kinda special clearance to an airport underlying the inner ring of the TFR. He declined. Totally ridiculous. He was talking about departing around 4AM. Oh well. At least he's got a chute.

Well without TFRs how else would the ruling class remind, even the wealthy in their personal aircraft, who's who in the food chain.

Back