Treo 700p users, BE AWARE!

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
The new 1.10 firmware update that has been released for Verizon and Sprint has several issues. I speak from experience with the Verizon update, and after the update, I had data connectivity issues. Initial data connection would work great, but as soon as it went idle, it wouldn't wake back up. So a call to VZW tech support, and the lady went through a number of steps, checking authentication on the account, OTA provisioning about 5 times, recompiling the network provisioning for the phone several times, and after the first reset, I got the dreaded message:

Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later. (0x713E)
No matter how many times I'd try to connect, it kept failing. So about 20 minutes later, after hard resetting again, Verizon is overnighting me a new (well, refurb) 700p. I am hoping it has the 1.06 firmware, as I don't want to deal with this again. And of course I'm gonna make sure I read through Treocentral and Palm's support pages before I try another update. I hate when the end users become guinea pigs for buggy patches.

Just a heads up to any fellow Treo users on the boards.

(Another note: Some users have had no problems whatsoever, and others have had various levels of serious issues, including rebooting loops. Luck of the draw I guess.)

On Phonescoop.com for the Palm 700p I found this in the forum:

software update

by skyjet15 May 8, 2007, 6:33 AM
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
I read recently that there is to be a software update released for the 700p the week of may 28th. Is this true? will it finally keep my treo from freezing everytime i send a txt?

Finally followed by this:
Re: software update - ??

by Sykes Jul 11, 2007, 9:26 PM
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
It has caused my phone to crash. I wouldn't suggest the update
I wish ya had seen this before hand. I love my 650... when it works consistently. But, it doesn't.

On Phonescoop.com for the Palm 700p I found this in the forum:

Finally followed by this:

I wish ya had seen this before hand. I love my 650... when it works consistently. But, it doesn't.

Well luckily I haven't had any crashes. Just the data issues, but of course that means I'm spending 40$/mo for a data plan I can't use currently. I should be getting the new phone tomorrow and with any luck, it'll have 1.06. :)

Get mean. Demand a credit. And, during the call verify how much time is left on your contract, if any.

I got thirty bucks out of Charter for dropped internet connections after a half hour on the phone. I also established a record of problems.

Get mean. Demand a credit. And, during the call verify how much time is left on your contract, if any.

I got thirty bucks out of Charter for dropped internet connections after a half hour on the phone. I also established a record of problems.

A record? Sure then YOU'LL get dropped like Sprint did to its top callers. Good way to get out of the contract, though.

Last edited:
guess you'll just have to go with the iPhone william

A record? Sure then YOU'LL get dropped like Sprint did to its top callers. Good way to get out of the contract, though.
Clark Howard was saying the state of New York told Sprint if they want to bail out early on the contract with customers in that state, they better consider paying the customer the $200 early cancellation. Something like... "What's good for the goose is good for the crook"? I might be off a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clark Howard was saying the state of New York told Sprint if they want to bail out early on the contract with customers in that state, they better consider paying the customer the $200 early cancellation. Something like... "What's good for the goose is good for the crook"? I might be off a bit.

Yeah. The original story had people saying, "I called every month because every month Sprint said they'd fix my billing error and on every monthly bill they hadn't fixed it."

Back