Trelegy

A

Anon

I have asthma, stable for years, recent PFTs stable (>80% predicted on all). Was on Breo for a few years, but doctor wants to switch me to Trelegy "because they aren't pushing Breo anymore" and also probably because they can give samples and coupons.

Anyone have experience with medicals (third class), asthma and Trelegy? does anyone know if this will be an issue? I haven't started it yet.

http://www.aviationmedicine.com/med...gy&amas_search_category=&amas_search_purpose=

EF564447-024C-42DE-9394-C08A97515293.png

FYI, I just received a letter from one of the field offices. Trelegy is a combination of three medications, therefore it is not CACI eligible.

FYI, I just received a letter from one of the field offices. Trelegy is a combination of three medications, therefore it is not CACI eligible.
Next step might be doing a consultation with an AME known for successfully assisting with medical conditions such as yours.

Primary objective of the visit is not to start the application process, but to find out what is needed from your different doctors so that once started, the application process only ends in success.

3 is not "grounds for no CACI". But you will need a set of pulmonary functions.
I have been asked to provide a status report from the treating physician and a set of PFTs which I have from the end of March and which I provided to the AME at the exam at the end of April.

Im hoping this shouldn’t be an issue beyond providing the reports. I am stable with no exacerbations or hospitalizations.

The only reason my doctor switched to Trelegy (or at least what he told me) was that “they arent pushing Breo anymore, they are pushing Trelegy”. I don’t know who “they” are. I almost didn’t switch and was going to request to stay on Breo, But this doctor has been great for me And I have been stable for years so I didn’t want to question him. but I switched, so now I have to provide the info they want. Hopefully will be a quick review and “re-issue” I believe.

I have been asked to provide a status report from the treating physician and a set of PFTs which I have from the end of March and which I provided to the AME at the exam at the end of April.

Im hoping this shouldn’t be an issue beyond providing the reports. I am stable with no exacerbations or hospitalizations.

The only reason my doctor switched to Trelegy (or at least what he told me) was that “they arent pushing Breo anymore, they are pushing Trelegy”. I don’t know who “they” are. I almost didn’t switch and was going to request to stay on Breo, But this doctor has been great for me And I have been stable for years so I didn’t want to question him. but I switched, so now I have to provide the info they want. Hopefully will be a quick review and “re-issue” I believe.

I'm hoping "they" aren't the pharmaceutical companies giving him kickbacks..... It's ok to tell your doctor you don't want to change because it's a pain in the butt for your aviation medical.

I'm hoping "they" aren't the pharmaceutical companies giving him kickbacks..... It's ok to tell your doctor you don't want to change because it's a pain in the butt for your aviation medical.

good advice, I’ll be more vocal next time. I did however call the AME Before I started the med and asked, and he said “it shouldn’t be a problem”.

I definitely should have done more homework ahead of time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back