Traveling A&P near KCEF?

itsjames2011

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
Anyone know of a traveling A&P in my area? Fuel line between carb and fuel pressure gauge has sprung a leak. No mechanics on my field. The one show that can do it is weeks out...

Anyone know of a traveling A&P in my area? Fuel line between carb and fuel pressure gauge has sprung a leak. No mechanics on my field. The one show that can do it is weeks out...

In a pinch you could (legality is up to the installer and mechanic)

#1, temporarily cap the offender with something like this to get home, I'd guess an AN929-2D like this: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an929.php

#2, or cut the tube off via dremel tool and put another flare on there with something like this:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/flaringtools2.php?recfer=2196

#3 fab or purchase a new line then replace it on site.

That's a bummer scenario.:( Are you physically capable/confident to replace the line yourself? Do you have the tools? Is this the Cherokee from the other thread?

Is it possible to remove a junction fitting where that line taps off and reconnect the fuel line directly to the next stage?

Is it possible to remove a junction fitting where that line taps off and reconnect the fuel line directly to the next stage?

It looked like the fuel pressure sense line. For a ferry flight on a carbureted airplane seems like capping that would be sufficient to me.

It looked like the fuel pressure sense line. For a ferry flight on a carbureted airplane seems like capping that would be sufficient to me.

Yeah, if you have a cap. If not and you can eliminate the intermediary fitting to seal the fuel supply, that works to ferry it out as well. Just different possible options to deal with it.

I was able to get a mechanic to come out and cap the line at Westover. I flew down to Simsbury Connecticut(4B9) tonight and tomorrow the whole thing will be replaced with a non copper flex hose :)

The amount of things I've learned in my first 6 months of aircraft ownership has been almost overwhelming lol

I was able to get a mechanic to come out and cap the line at Westover. I flew down to Simsbury Connecticut(4B9) tonight and tomorrow the whole thing will be replaced with a non copper flex hose :)

It should really be 2 hoses and a fitting that goes through the firewall clamping it; if you want to do it the best way.

Back