Trauma

Looks good. Kinda like the Combat Rescue series. Shows a side most don't every think about.

Hopefully it won't become another airplane repo type show.

I think it's a real life documentary like Nat Geo Combat Rescue or like Hornets Nest. While there's a bit of exaggeration in each, for the most part, they're spot on.

After watching Combat Rescue and reading on on what it takes to become and be a PJ, I have a very healthy respect for these warfighters.

Wow...that would be an incredibly depressing job...takes a special person to do a job like that. I couldn't do it that's for sure.

After watching Combat Rescue and reading on on what it takes to become and be a PJ, I have a very healthy respect for these warfighters.

I had friends in the USAF that were PJs. Think it was right at 2 years of schools and training, about the same for combat controllers, which I almost did after a Captain friend almost talked me into it. Married and a couple kids, so not the best job for those responsibilities as you're always gone for varying periods of time.

I had friends in the USAF that were PJs. Think it was right at 2 years of schools and training, about the same for combat controllers, which I almost did after a Captain friend almost talked me into it. Married and a couple kids, so not the best job for those responsibilities as you're always gone for varying periods of time.

What is a PJ?

Just to be clear, this documentary is on Army MEDEVAC. Air Force CSAR (PJs) were tasked with the added MEDEVAC role in 2005 because of demand. Since there was no need for CSAR at the time, the HH-60 "Pedro" guys had no problems filling the gap. Nat Geo series Combat Rescue is based on their experiences at Kandahar.

Looks pretty good. I always took CASEVAC duty pretty serious when my bird and crew were tasked to do it. Got to work with some awesome flight medics/docs as well. I always felt safer when they were on board heading to the "X".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back