Transportation Slip-up Agency

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Will we ever wake up?

You may recall the mom who called in a fake kidnapping in Philly a couple of weeks ago and was found in Disney World with her daughter. She flew down with her 9 yo daughter from PHL to Orlando using a fake name with a stolen Drivers License. Got past TSA with no issue. TSA says they are only there to check for weapons and explosives.

Now two days ago a man gets on a Pheonix bound plane with a 9mm pistol ( unloaded). Here's the link to the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31106934/

A pax caught them and the Airline staff NOT TSA!

Once again folks repeat after me ILLUSION OF SECURITY.

We do need security but if were gonna do it do it right.:mad3::mad3::mad3:

Whatever the Israelis do, that's what we should do if we want real security.

We do need security but if were gonna do it do it right.:mad3::mad3::mad3:
Do we? I don't think so.

There needs to be some rudimentary form of security to make sure a crazy person doesn't get to board with his AK47. But other than that, we don't need anything. We don't have it now with the The Stupid Agency, and we didn't have it in the past. Worked out just fine IMO.

-Felix

Whatever the Israelis do, that's what we should do if we want real security.

There is no VFR as we know it. All flights must be done under whats called CVFR (Controlled VFR). The best way for me to explain it is for you to imagine that all of your VFR flying HAS to be done under flight following (with a VFR flight plan) and you are limited to flying ONLY on Victor Airways.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28682

Well, yeah, but they'll tell you a different story as they are ransacking your wallet (inspecting each piece of paper in there) or as they are calling the cops over something that one of the screeners deems to be "illegal" (such as a large amount of money). Then, they're in the "dragnet" mode.

What the gun thing will do is put even more emphasis on the "gate rape" of passengers as they board airplanes, causing more delays and frayed nerves.

Do we? I don't think so.

There needs to be some rudimentary form of security to make sure a crazy person doesn't get to board with his AK47. But other than that, we don't need anything. We don't have it now with the The Stupid Agency, and we didn't have it in the past. Worked out just fine IMO.

-Felix

Exactly.

I don't think we need to be more like Israel in this regard. If I wanted to live in a nation that really is constantly under attack, and not in a country that some people feel is constantly under attack, I'd move to Israel.

Instead, we need the TSA to go away.

I don't think we need to be more like Israel in this regard. If I wanted to live in a nation that really is constantly under attack, and not in a country that some people feel is constantly under attack, I'd move to Israel.

Instead, we need the TSA to go away.

More importantly we need to realize airport security will catch the sloppy & the stupid. Then just accept that cost of living here is that occasionally some crazy people will blow a few of us to bits as a cost benefit kind of thing.

Back