Transport of deceased relative - by air??

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
1- I have no idea how this works, so if any of you do, I’d appreciate an explanation. Maybe it’s all by car/truck.

2- If you have any connections, suggestions, or otherwise, I can pass them to the family.

This is one of the 7-Eleven shooting victims. He was my wife’s cousin’s son:
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/...ess-veteran-during-7-11-robbery-in-santa-ana/

Looking to transport the body from SoCal to Amarillo, TX.

There is a GoFundMe set up. That’s not the reason for this post, but I know some people here will ask how to help. I don’t know anyone here well enough by last name so I’d have no idea if you donated or not, I’m not tracking or watching.

https://gofund.me/aeedb125

Hug your friends, neighbors, and family; Let bygones be bygones. Easier said than done.

Talk to a local mortuary in SoCal. They know all the rules and best methods. When my dad died in Phoenix, I went thru all this because he was to be buried in the family plot in Texas.

Talk to a local mortuary in SoCal. They know all the rules and best methods. When my dad died in Phoenix, I went thru all this because he was to be buried in the family plot in Texas.

Thank you. Condolences on your dad.

Please forgive, not trying to be funny or crass:

Will the container even fit in your plane?

Very sorry for you loss.
When my brother died in Hawaii he was flown to Seattle in a Delta flight and exchanged to the car at their maintenance facility. It was all handled by the USMC and the funeral home so I don’t know the details but it is possible and happens often. Everyone involved handled it with utmost professionalism and respect and I will always be grateful for that.
Agree the mortuary will be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Please forgive, not trying to be funny or crass:

Will the container even fit in your plane?

Not mine or other typical GA plane with the gang I hang with. Biggest I have connections with is an A-36.

EDIT: Would a Baron be big enough?

Very sorry for you loss.
When my brother died in Hawaii he was flown to Seattle in a Delta flight and exchanged to the car at their maintenance facility. It was all handled by the USMC and the funeral home so I don’t know the details but it is possible and happens often. Everyone involved handled it with utmost professionalism and respect and I will always be grateful for that.
Agree the mortuary will be a good place to start.

Thank you.

In airplane cargo, "HR" is the abbreviation for Human Remains. It's not "almost every", but a fair number of commercial flights are carrying HR in the cargo hold.

You have the right advice. The mortuary or funeral home can help you with who to talk to. Or you could call the airlines cargo departments who can help you with the shipping.

Not mine or other typical GA plane with the gang I hang with. Biggest I have connections with is an A-36.

EDIT: Would a Baron be big enough?

Sorry for your loss.

Back in the early 90's I brought 2 people home that were killed in a commuter airplane crash. I remember they were in body bags and we took two lawyers to handle the legal stuff. We were in a business jet but I think a body bag would fit in an A36. FYI, I have not been in an A36 in a very long time, probably need to take some seats out.

back in the 90's, the father of a friend flew his Mooney into some power lines up in OH. NC was home. Being frugal folks as I recall, my friend and his brother went up and transported the body in a casket inside a u-haul truck. I have no idea what was required to make that happen.

Thanks everyone. Looks like the funeral home is well along in their planning with the airlines from what I heard a few minutes ago from my wife. I appreciate all the input.

Back