Transponder Still Good - -

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - until end of October. Headed for Concord, NH on 09/02 for X-pndr check. Oh! Two mean-looking cells converging on Concord, 20 miles forward. Turned around and took haven at Rochester, NH for several hours. The rains came and passed through but it was too late for avionics appt., so went back to Maine. It's on Flightaware N7872G. Nice little airport in Rochester; runway under lengthening construction. The taxiway is better than some airports' runways.
Management was closing airport(because of construction) at 1400 but said to hang-out, "just lock the doors when you leave." Nice destination, but bring your hiking shoes. Dunkin Donuts is several miles down the highway, but got a hitch-hiker's ride in each direction -- different LADY each trip - unusual to occur.

HR

Attachments

• DSC06767.JPG
    DSC06767.JPG
    12.7 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC06768.JPG
    DSC06768.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC06769.JPG
    DSC06769.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 9
Not a bad place for a stop for weather. Where you going to Craig avionics?

Yes; Craig Davenport's operation is the only one to have touched my systems for 14 years. Even while waiting it out at Sky Haven, Craig said that he'd take the plane for the night and get on it at 6:30 or so in the morning, but who's to know what the next day would bring for WX. When the window presented, it was better to head back to Maine, knowing that the X-pndr wasn't date-critical; just that the September timing was right.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N7872G/history/20140902/1600Z/KIWI/KCON

Then on the way home, Wiscasset was 300 in Fog. Screw that; planted it at Brunswick for the night, went back today for it.

HR

Good choice,I have used Craig for years,great work at a fair price.

Since you invited a peek at your Flightaware... pretty loops on May 7. :)

Since you invited a peek at your Flightaware... pretty loops on May 7. :)
Now I'm curious; what the heck was I doing on May 07? That was before starting the aerial photography of 150+ islands. During those flights there's a LOT of circling, then to another island, more circling to get various perspectives. Thus a Flightaware track might lead one to think the plane is out of control(or the pilot is).

HR

[EDIT]: Was May 07 occurring from KIWI to up and around Belfast BFST Maine?" That MIGHT have been the day a friend used my plane and was successful in his IR Check-ride. The time-frame sounds about right.

Last edited:
Back