Transponder Repair

Never tried them. A KT-76 shouldn't be hard to find a local shop though. It's pretty simple inside.

Doesn't King repair the transponders anymore?

Have not used them. I to am going to send a KT76 in to get checked out in the next few weeks. I am going to use American Avionics. They are in Seattle, WA. The will evaluate you unit for $100.00

Doesn't King repair the transponders anymore?

Yes , and I always find King to have the fastest and cheapest service ...how refreshing from an OEM, they are they way to go in my book

The older kt-76 probably isn't worth fixing.

My KT76A needed a part that cost more than the transponder was worth. Just make sure you send it some place with a low bench fee just in case you decide to scrap it.

Just get a new one. I spent as much as I would have on a new one fixing the old one which promptly broke. Last cert. I just put in a new box.

Worst thing is in addition to buying and feeding the expensive new ADS-B system, I have to maintain and feed the old POS box as well.

There is a good avionics shop just up the road from you in Winnsboro at KFDW. Talk with Brian Steed at Airborne Avionics - 803-635-3086. If he can't fix it I'm sure he can tell you where to send it.

I and a few friends have used them. Great service, easy to work with and a quick turn around. Never had any issues with him.

I used them last year and was VERY pleased. Very easy to deal with. Transponder came back with a logbook entry for cert purposes. They cleaned and inspected, replaced the bulb, tested and re-aligned. I paid shipping there +$139. They paid shipping back. The guy also called me to compliment me on the condition of the transponder and explain what he did to it. Great guys to deal with!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back