Transponder Off Within Mode C Veil

Fine, the SFRA is a pain, but it's quite nice to live here. There's more to DC than the federal government you know. But to each his own, I won't tell you that living wherever you live is a crap hole.

Oh lighten up. I'm sure the place is lovely in between security lockdowns for dweebs who don't deserve them. LOL.

That living anywhere near the circus show we allow silly politicians to put on for themselves is intrusive and useless? Sure. Why not? You can enjoy it if you like, I call that crap. My prerogative.

They're all infinitely replaceable. Giving them security details is kinda repugnant. It's not like society will end without them. We'll just hire some different ones to lie to us.

That living anywhere near the circus show we allow silly politicians to put on for themselves is intrusive and useless? Sure. Why not? You can enjoy it if you like, I call that crap. My prerogative.

They're all infinitely replaceable. Giving them security details is kinda repugnant. It's not like society will end without them. We'll just hire some different ones to lie to us.

Ever lived in DC or NoVA ?

In the hierarchy of nuisances that come with city living, the politicos are somewhere below panhandlers and parking tickets. I live in the styx, except that all my neighbors are named 'John' and work 'as contractor to the general services administration', its just your average suburbia.

The flying stuff is really a non-issue. Your life is more disrupted with TFRs if you live in Ohio or Iowa.

Ever lived in DC or NoVA ?

In the hierarchy of nuisances that come with city living, the politicos are somewhere below panhandlers and parking tickets. I live in the styx, except that all my neighbors are named 'John' and work 'as contractor to the general services administration', its just your average suburbia.

The flying stuff is really a non-issue. Your life is more disrupted with TFRs if you live in Ohio or Iowa.

Actually, I did live in PG County for 18 months. The politicians were a non-issue. However, the "usual" city garbage was actually well beyond usual. I stopped driving into the District after several parking tickets accrued while legally parked. Nothing works -- for instance, a bus trip from College Park to Greenbelt was 90 minutes, and you can WALK faster than that (it's only 6 miles!). And no one gives a ****. They are too busy reelecting crackhead mayors and flipping the bird to the Feds with the license plate slogans. And putting the Governor's ugly self serving mug on big billboards at BWI.

I eventually moved away after a visit to New York City, where I was impressed with how nice everyone was.

And then there are the drivers….I was stunned by just how bad they were.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back