Transmission is garbled....

BarryCooper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BarryCooper
Picked my plane up Friday with a new Stratus ESGi installed. Trip Saturday all is good. Return today and entire trip my transmissions were garbled. I switched radios (I have twin KX155s), switched headsets, tried both PTTs...same result. Incoming is loud and clear. What could it be?

Picked my plane up Friday with a new Stratus ESGi installed. Trip Saturday all is good. Return today and entire trip my transmissions were garbled. I switched radios (I have twin KX155s), switched headsets, tried both PTTs...same result. Incoming is loud and clear. What could it be?

Probably a bad connection somewhere. Don't waste your time, take it back to the avionics shop. When I had my ESGi installed my instrument lighting switch would trip the circuit breaker every time I switched the light on. Took the aircraft back and the shop took responsibility and fixed it in short (no pun intended) order...

Clean the headset connectors and/or re-seat the audio panel.

Did you have anything plugged in the cig lighter (ie USB charger?)

I believe this is a known problem. Might need a filter on the comm line. The shop should know. Dean do it??

Somehow the wiring between the intercom and the audio panel got screwed up during the Stratus install...rewired it and its better than its ever been

Back