translation help

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
12/053 NOTAMR
E) 26 FICON 3/3/3 100 PCT 1/8IN WET SN PLOWED 100FT WID OBS AT 2012131629

I understand all of it ( there’s more but I understand those, too) except .. the last phrase makes no sense. OBS is obstruction but 2012131629 is a date/time stamp. Is it referring to the snowplows?

Welcome to the master pilot acronym list. This list includes over 6000 acronyms, abbreviations, and contractions for aviation use. This list also includes acronyms for notices to airmen (NOTAM), FAA, and Controller terms.

https://proairpilot.com/notam-abbreviations.html
Thanks for such detailed answer. Not.

No kidding...but that's not the FAA official list. What I do have is the July 2020 document where the FAA succumbed to ICAO and all the changes.

No kidding...but that's not the FAA official list. What I do have is the July 2020 document where the FAA succumbed to ICAO and all the changes.
I don't know what you are complaining about? The list surely had the answer to your question, and many others too:

OBS Observation
OBSC Obscure obscured or obscuring
OBST Obstacle
OBST Obstruct
OBSTN Obstruction

If you had an “official” list why are you here asking questions? All you had to do was look up the abbreviation.

I don't know what you are complaining about? The list surely had the answer to your question, and many others too:

One day he will figure out the FAA uses many that aren’t on the official list and the plain language feature doesn’t know all of them either.

Last edited:
Back