Transitionary Fossils

Richard said:
Have you ever looked at a familiar thing and from your angle of viewing it doesn't appear to be what you know it is?

I've looked at plenty of things from different points of view. The one thing that stands out above all else is how easily it is to be blindsighted by looking at just one side of the elephant and coming up with wrong ideas about the other side which is not the same as the whole thing.

Richard said:
To rise up and say you possess a full understanding of something as large as the universe or as small as a virus is borne of arrogance and pride.

Woah. All stop. Back up one. Go back and read that paragraph in full again. In proper context I did not say that and I certainly do not believe it. That was an example of how people often block out correct information because they don't want to accept something other than what they already believe. I'm saying look beyond current belief patterns because there might, not necessarily but might, be a bigger picture beyond any given view of the hypothetical elephant. (If it didn't come across that way, that means it's time for me to sign up for a refresher English writing/composition class when I go back to school..which would probably be a good idea anyway on principle)

Simply too many science classes and experiments for this crazy penguin to be messing with this subject....

Last edited:
I'm just guessing here but I don't think he was aiming that you, but rather meant it philosophically. That's how I read it.

No, Frank, you did not say that and I did not read it that way. Those were my words only. One begats another. The 'you' I wrote was not you specifically.

Richard said:
No, Frank, you did not say that and I did not read it that way. Those were my words only. One begats another. The 'you' I wrote was not you specifically.

I really didn't think you did but I wanted to make that clear for anyone, including myself, that might get confused like I just did.

New plan: Semester 1
wrenching class
wrenching class
wrenching class
English writing/composition/comprehension class
wrenching class
wrenching class

That'll do. :yes:

gkainz said:
It's the implication I'm referring to here.
A. My God said "I created man in my own image."
B. Evolution says "Man was not created, he evolved."

Evolution does not say "Man was not created." Evolution says "Here is the process via which Man may have been created."

Dart said:
Whatever any science reveals to us is, utltimately, a revelation of the mind and works of God. What's the problem people??????? Sheesh.

Right on target! :target: :yes: That is what I meant when I said that creation and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

Back