Transiting airspace of military airports

Well, this particular shot the SM-2 cleared the launcher but it was immediately obvious something was different. It wasn't flying straight. It was going up more or less straight but it was cork screwing its way up. We all watched an wondered what it was going to do.

Well, it got pretty high and while we were wondering it exploded. It took half a beat for the sound to reach us. At first we were concerned that it would fall back on the boat, but it was quickly apparent that the ship was moving fast enough for that to not be a factor.
Been there....done that.....different ship.

IIRC, when the missile loosing comms with the combat system (or fails to uplink in the first place)....it blows itself up.

Been there....done that.....different ship.

IIRC, when the missile loosing comms with the combat system (or fails to uplink in the first place)....it blows itself up.
Accepting that as true, it still doesn't help if they don't detect your presence after the missile is away but the missile seeker does, or just by chance the missile heading somewhere else passes close enough for the prox fuse to trigger. Heck, just having an accidental mid-air collision with an object that big and fast is going to ruin your whole day. So y'all be real careful about busting active W-area even if all they're using is an SM-2.

Yes, because that's what our military does. They steam around the ocean looking for unknown contacts and let loose with the missiles when they find one.

:rolleyes:

Yes, because that's what our military does. They steam around the ocean looking for unknown contacts and let loose with the missiles when they find one.

:rolleyes:
You were really in the Navy once? Where, the First Lieutenant's Division?

There's a picture above with my name and rank. I've told enough stories on this thread alone that a boatswains mate would obviously not know to make your 1st Division claim absurd.

I get it, you don't like to be wrong. I don't either.

Ahh I was so close to being a plank owner for an NSGA base once. They decided not to for whatever reason.

Former CTM/CTN

Memories.

You and Cameron need to get together....his rate is
gone....merged with CTs a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds like the navy way. If it ain't broke: fix it.
When I was in they merged CTO into CTM and split CTM into CTM and CTN

Back