Transient Hangar in December Hartford/Springfield Area?

Cogito

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cogito
Solved (Hangar Found) Appreciate the help.

I'll be visiting family in Granby, CT, Westfield and Amherst, MA for a week this Christmas and wondered if any of you knew of an available hangar. I'll start calling FBO's tomorrow, but you've all been helpful with similar requests in the past.

We usually land at:
Westfield Barnes (BAF), but if there's a plowed runway we could also do:
Northampton (7B2)
Bradley (BDL)
Westover (CEF)
looks like there's a civilian side of the airport
Is Skylark (7B6) Public Use?
Simsbury is a little short for the Lancair.
Brainard (HFD) is a little far, but could work.

Maybe someone has room in their hangar? Wingspan of the Lancair is only 23.5'. Any help is appreciated. Of course we don't expect this to be free, just trying to keep the plane inside if the weather gets bad.

Thanks for your help,
-Craig

Last edited:
Brainard is probably your best bet. I believe Skylark is closing, but if people are moving out then there might be something short term. Farther south, I believe there are empty hangars at Goodspeed (42B). It's no longer than Simsbury but has completely clear approaches over the water both ends.

Hangers space is non existent up here. Westover has community hanger space - not sure how they handle transient aircraft but probably could work something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help, I found a private communal hangar at Westfield who has room during Christmas.

Back