Transasia dissolved

NoHeat

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
The Taiwanese carrier is shutting down. That's the company that killed dozens of passengers in Taipei when the crew shut down the one remaining good engine. News stories say Transasia lost too much to stay afloat.

I'm wondering why Asiana didn't meet the same fate. Their crash in San Francisco seemed even more inept.

Good point.

Moreover, Transasia is Taiwanese, and the two Transasia crashes occurred in Taiwan where the local media could cover it. Maybe that makes PR that's uglier than if they drashed in a faraway country, as Asiana did.

The Taiwanese carrier is shutting down. That's the company that killed dozens of passengers in Taipei when the crew shut down the one remaining good engine. News stories say Transasia lost too much to stay afloat.

I'm wondering why Asiana didn't meet the same fate. Their crash in San Francisco seemed even more inept.

Maybe government owned or backed? :dunno:

I am really leery of many of those Asian carriers lately. Many locally trained pilots have never hand-flown an airplane of any type outside of a simulator, according to a Vietnam Airlines pilot I know.

Back