Trans not medically transitioned

MiLEbury

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MileBurry92
A recent name change, and a gender ID change is as far as I have gone, but I am not looking to medically transition in any way (hormones/surgery). I am wondering how this will affect me when getting a medical for my PPL/CPL.

I would see your private emails. In this case the FAA will view you as "still in transition and not stable" with predictable negative results.....and it's kinda tough to say you never had the gender nonconformity/ dysphoria with the filed ID changes on record.....so they will demand the WPATH evaluation invovling the qualified PhD Psychologist, to make the determination between the two.

My confusion is on the basis of the website:

"Notes: The AME may ISSUE (no further information is needed), if the airman was evaluated for or diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria and has never undergone treatment (counseling or support group for GD does not require information);"

Does that mean I would have to first get diagnosed, then have the document filled out, and then finally assume they won't ask for additional documents? People usually get diagnosed in order to have access to therapy/hormone replacements/surgery, but otherwise is it really needed?

So the issue here is hormones. If you haven't had any, don't intend to have any and the AME is convince that "gender dysphoria" isn't present and review of the entire medical record fails to suggest gender dysphoria, He CAN issue. The problem is the audit rate.

I would make a pretty good case in person to the AME, IN PERSON. Bring a ten year pharmacy search and a substantiation letter from your doc (or counselor); then you might be pleasantly surprised.....

Back